Located on the SMU campus in Dallas, Texas, the George W. Bush Presidential Center is a nonpartisan institution advancing the timeless values of freedom, opportunity, accountability, and compassion. The Bush Center is comprised of the George W. Bush Presidential Museum and the George W. Bush Institute, a solution-oriented policy organization focused on ensuring opportunity for all, strengthening democracy, and advancing free societies at home and abroad. Through policy solutions and public engagement programs, the Bush Center promotes ideas and conversations that reinforce the promise of America.
The Development Officer, Corporate and Foundation Relations is responsible for the development and execution of corporate and foundation partnerships, fundraising engagement, stewardship, and associated fundraising goals. The Development Officer creates and builds relationships with corporations and foundations locally and across the nation, with the goal of meaningful, sustained, and active financial support of the programs of the Bush Center. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward foundations and corporations whose interests and priorities align with the fundraising needs of the Bush Center and Bush Institute programs.
- Facilitate communications regarding funding opportunities with corporations and foundations.
- Effectively communicate the mission and program details of the Bush Center to donors and prospects.
- Travel to meet with donors and prospects as appropriate.
- Work with Development and Operations teams to ensure accurate and timely:
- Submission of grant and other proposal requests.
- Production of meeting follow-up letters and interest letters.
- Acknowledgment of contributions.
- Reporting requirements as needed.
- Review, update, and refresh the portfolio as appropriate.
- Work with the Corporate & Foundation team to assist in research and stewardship plans for corporations and foundations, including donor recognition/stewardship plans and customized reporting.
- Communicate and coordinate with corporate and foundation partners to ensure that allotted benefits are received in a timely manner.
- Oversee donor involvement leading up to events to ensure flawless delivery.
- Coordinate personalized opportunities for donors to meet with Bush Center leadership and other various activities for donors.
- Work closely with Bush Center program directors and managers to stay current on goals, programs, and outcomes of each program.
- Record relevant contacts with donors and prospects and related development activities in the Bush Center’s database.
- Complete other tasks as needed and/or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The qualified candidate will possess (a/an):
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of fundraising experience in a professional and/or nonprofit environment.
- Strong existing professional networks with corporations and foundations both locally and nationally.
- Computer and technological literacy; experience with Raiser’s Edge, or comparable fundraising database, is preferred.
- The ability to travel as necessary.
- Commitment to the vision and mission of the George W. Bush Presidential Center.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate superb communication and collaborative skills to work effectively in a dynamic organizational environment.
- Evidence prompt, professional interaction with high level internal and external customers.
- Provide a proven track-record of highly driven, results-oriented work ethic.
- Evidence a make-it-happen spirit and a collaborative team style.
The George W. Bush Presidential Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit stationary at a desk and use computer equipment.
Position: Development Officer, Corporate and Foundation Relations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director, Corporate Strategy & Stewardship
Division: Corporate and Foundation Relations
To apply, click here!