Tarrant County Samaritan Housing (Samaritan House) is a nonprofit organization which has provided housing and support services to disabled, low-income individuals in Tarrant County, Texas for over thirty years. The mission is to support challenged individuals and families as they move toward independence by providing housing, resources, and hope. The Development Manager is responsible for engaging with donors, organizations, and volunteers in support of the mission of Samaritan House.
- Maintain the Bloomerang donor database, including accurate donor records, donation reports, constituent segmentation reporting for annual fund activities.
- Ensure timely donor acknowledgments, letters, and gift processing--including in-kind donations and grant awards.
- Manage annual special events logistics to ensure they are organized and successful.
- Create monthly/quarterly e-communications and newsletters for constituents.
- Manage all social media outlets and create the overall social media calendar/plan.
- Cultivate and steward volunteers and Supper Club; prospecting for new volunteer groups/opportunities.
- Manage monthly Lunch and Learn presentations on campus and off-site.
- Manage in-kind donations, working directly with program/facilities staff to identify on-going and special needs for residents.
- Draft grant proposals and supporting documents, based on the funding requirements of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business or related field and at least two years’ experience working in a human service field.
- Experience working in the Fort Worth community--experience with local corporate groups and area churches, a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; social media management required.
- Experience with public speaking, donor solicitation proposals, and grant writing preferred.
- Experience working in a non-profit environment preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be willing to work outside traditional office hours for events and other activities, if needed.
To apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and list Development Manager in the subject line.