The Development Manager works with the Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) in stewarding external relationships and raising money to meet the revenue goals for general operating and board-approved special projects. The Development Manager reports to the Chief Advancement Officer.
The mission of Jubilee Park & Community Center (Jubilee) is to be a catalyst for community revitalization and enrichment in the Southeast Dallas/Fair Park neighborhood. The agency provides free, multigenerational services to families living in the 62-block neighborhood of Jubilee Park and surrounding areas, a part of Dallas, which has long been under-resourced.
Founded in 1997, Jubilee has grown into a campus that includes a community center, resource center, Head Start facility, Early Head Start facility, senior housing complex, food pantry, a three-acre park, and the new Jubilee Park Community Clinic. Jubilee works closely with residents to identify five key pillars that inform the work and reflect the community's greatest challenges and opportunities. Those pillars are Safety, Health, Housing, Education/Workforce, and Opportunity.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Jubilee Park is seeking a dynamic individual who is passionate about people and building community to manage our donor CRM database and robust grants program, with supporting roles in donor relations and event planning. The Advancement Team is responsible for all aspects of development, communications and marketing, and volunteerism. We are a positive, energetic, and fast-moving team committed to helping Southeast Dallas thrive. Required and preferred skills below may be flexible for the right candidate.
- Manage grant calendar deadlines and pipeline, create core narratives, and research funders to tailor requests as needed. Oversee prospect research and evaluate new grant opportunities.
- Strategize with CAO to create appeal goals and reevaluate year to year as part of the development plan.
- Assist with proposal creation for corporate partners, family foundations, and individual donors, tailoring as needed.
- Oversee the process that keeps program staff apprised of grants received as well as reporting obligations. Work with Director of Research, Evaluation & Impact as well as program leads to report on program outcomes.
- Work with CAO to prepare fundraising strategies for the Development Committee and Board of Directors
- Oversee Raiser’s Edge database entry, updates, and flow into donor relations and stewardship plans.
- Implement donor relations plan, including scheduling in-person meetings for CAO, leading tours, and coordinating mailed collateral packets, reports, and stewardship packets.
- Work with CAO to increase donor retention through creation and oversight of a stewardship plan for first-time donors and existing donors.
- Plan and execute goal-oriented donor events.
- Support the Advancement Department in execution of the marketing/communications plan as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and three years fundraising experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong writing and editing skills.
- Experience working with a donor CRM.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Ability to work proactively on a team and also as an independent self-starter.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of personalities.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude toward helping others.
- Comfortable working in a highly integrated, innovative, and collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work occasional nights/weekends.
- Grants management and grant writing experience.
- Experience with eTapestry or Raiser’s Edge.
- Knowledge of Dallas corporate/foundation funding community.
- Spanish-English bilingual preferred.
Please email a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.