Normalcy. Dignity. Hope. – Christ’s Haven For Children is a nonprofit organization centered
around these core values. We are located in Keller, TX, and provide a trauma-informed, family
model of care for displaced children, teens, and young adults. As a voluntary placement
organization, we are an option outside of traditional foster care, often when a caregiver has
exhausted all efforts to care for a child. Whether a child is with us for six months or sixteen
years, we utilize that time loving them as our own and instilling normalcy, dignity, and hope
into their lives. As a faith-based organization, our hope is that their time with us will help lead
them toward healing from their past abuse and/or neglect.
We are looking for a full-time Development Manager to join our team. This position will report
directly to our VP of Development supporting the organization’s fundraising initiatives to raise
- Donor Relations
- Grant Writing & Execution
- Communications & Collaboration
- Donor cultivation and stewardship for assigned portfolio
- Implement recurring gift strategy to grow Circle of Hope
- Cultivate, steward, and grow current giving societies and explore opportunities to for
new donor giving societies.
- Develop strategy for third party fundraising initiatives and peer-to-peer fundraising
initiatives; both in person and through online giving platform
- Assist Development Team with event sponsorships from corporate partners
- Cultivate and identify donors with regional businesses, civic groups, churches, and
- Execute giving campaigns throughout annual cycle related to North Texas Giving Day,
Back to School Campaign, 70th Birthday Celebration, and others as assigned
- Utilize Salesforce to log and track activity and donor information for constituents
- Assist at organization’s premier special events as needed (Golf Tournament, Fashion
Show, Fall Festival/Open House, Lunch & Learns, etc.)
Grant Writing & Execution:
- Assist Vice President of Development with grant research, prospecting, writing,
management and stewardship
- Grow corporate grant program for existing corporate partners and prospect new
potential corporate grant partners
- Responsible for grants of under $10,000
Communications & Collaboration:
- Represent the organization at events and programs
- Become an active member of chambers and attend events to help create awareness
- Grow communities understanding of organization mission with in-person and hands on
experiences on campus
- Collaborate effectively and proactively with staff across all departments to best
communicate initiatives and priorities.
- Work with development team to arrange tours and follow up with key constituents.
- Assist other organization employees as needed.
- Other duties as determined by the VP of Development.
- Teamwork: Contributes to building positive team spirit, puts success of team and
organization above own interests
- Communications: Strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Excellent verbal and
written communicator with ability to express ideas and thoughts clearly.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and database
management (preference for Salesforce)
- Achievement Focus: Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self
against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves
- Professionalism: Must be confident, organized, articulate and poised with the ability to
- Leadership and Ethics: Inspires others and upholds organizational values. Commits to
doing the best job possible and works with integrity and respect. Reacts well under
pressure. Shows courage to take action.
- Dependability: Punctual, reliable and willing to go above and beyond for the good of the
team. Must have a positive attitude.
- Innovative: Develops new approaches and ideas, displays creative thinking and willing to
take on new challenges.
- Time Management: Uses time efficiently and works in organized manner. Capable of
prioritizing tasks, motivating team members, delegating projects and juggling competing
priorities in fast-paced environment. Able to work independently and simultaneously on
multiple projects, balancing team and individual responsibilities.
- Strategic Thinking: Helps to develop and manage strategies to achieve organizational
- Must have demonstrated success in a development position or in related field with a
minimum of 5 years’ experience. 4-year college degree required.
- Local travel for meetings and volunteer support activities as requested and occasional
evening and weekend work. Some early mornings and late evenings required.
- Willing to submit to organization’s background check and drug test.
- Willing to sign organization’s Statement of Faith.
Please visit the website below to complete the job application: