We are currently seeking an experienced Development Manager to join our team in our Addison, TX, location.
Who We Are:
Make-A-Wish North Texas - Since 1980, Make-A-Wish® has been creating life-changing wish experiences for children with critical illnesses around the world. Wishes have proven physical and emotional benefits that can give children with critical illnesses a higher chance of survival. When a wish is granted, a child replaces fear with confidence, sadness with joy and anxiety with hope. Wishes even reunite families and enrich entire communities. Every eligible child needs a wish to count on! To learn more about us, please visit us at https://ntx.wish.org/
About the Role:
The Development Manager will serve as a front-line fundraiser, advancing relationships with individuals and foundations with the capacity to make a significant philanthropic investment in Make-A-Wish North Texas.
As a member of the Development team and reporting to the Regional Development Director, this individual will be responsible for managing a portfolio of approximately 150 mid, major, and leadership gift prospects; moving these prospective donors through the qualification and cultivation processes to successful solicitation; ensuring donors in the portfolio receive appropriate mission-guided stewardship; and collaborating with development colleagues and organization leadership.
What you’ll do:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 150 mid, major, and leadership gift prospects at various stages of their relationship with the organization.
- Devise and execute individual strategies for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of assigned portfolio with a heavy focus on face-to-face meetings.
- Secure annual fund level gifts from prospects not yet ready for major gift solicitation.
- Identify and develop a pipeline of prospects that have the capacity and the inclination to make major gifts. Help create strategies to enhance their relationship with our organization and continue along the moves management cycle.
- Manages, builds, and maintains regional fundraising councils in conjunction with council chair(s) in areas as assigned and ensure members are meeting fundraising goals.
- Work with the CDO, CEO, and key volunteers to develop relationships in support of the Make-A-Wish mission.
- Summarize face-to-face visits, outreach and communication, and proposal details via contact reports in donor record utilizing Salesforce.
- Identify and communicate to Chapter leadership all potential opportunities and/or relationships that will increase our chapter’s ability to raise funds and grant wishes.
- Represent the Chapter at fundraising events and in the community.
- In accordance with the Make-A-Wish team philosophy, carries out or assists with other tasks in addition to those listed in the job description.
Our Perfect Candidate
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business or a field compatible with the general skills required.
- CFRE a plus!
- 1 to 3 years of individual giving experience required.
Required Abilities and Skills:
- Demonstrated understanding of fundraising, communication, and marketing principles.
- Demonstrated ability to relate positively to persons in a multi-cultural, pluralistic community.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to solicit funds through personal contacts with donors and prospects.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills necessary to work closely with all constituents including vendors, donors, staff, volunteers, wish families, and the public.
- Strong organizational and financial management skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office and database management software such as Salesforce.
- Experience with moves management process and tracking activity within Salesforce.
- Self-starter with creative problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to attend events that may take place early mornings, evenings and weekends
- Flexibility to travel when necessary
- Ability to present a positive and professional image of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of North Texas
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and education
- Comprehensive benefits package available: (healthcare, vision, dental and life insurances; 401k company match; paid time off and holidays)
Please submit your cover letter with salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org