Job Description: The Development Manager will work together with the Senior Director of Development in managing Mosaic’s overall development efforts by raising awareness of and revenue for Mosaic through appeals and solicitations, special events, corporate giving, individual donor recruitment, retention and stewardship, and database oversight. This position also manages the Development Assistant.
- Work with the Senior Director of Development in creating and implementing fund development and communication strategies to ensure the long-term sustainability of the organization by developing an annual plan which addresses the organization’s strategic goals, fundraising, volunteer, and community relation needs.
- Responsible for growing revenue from individual donors by increasing the number of donors, increasing the average gift, and moving donors with capacity into a major gifts pipeline. This includes all phases of the fundraising cycle: identification, cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgment, and stewardship of donors.
- Manage the monthly giving program, “you belong here” to increase annually the number of donors and the amount each individual gives.
- Manage the “Champions of Human Rights” Society (donors giving $1,500 or more annually) which includes recruitment of new members, stewardship, and retention.
- Together with the grant writer(s), solicit corporate donations and grant opportunities from the companies engaged in volunteer efforts with the organization.
- Create, organize, and manage the organization’s fundraising event(s), and any third-party events.
- Create, organize, and execute awareness-raising events (donor “site visits,” solicitation campaigns, etc.) with the goal of identifying new donors.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure any materials needed for appeals, stewardship, and solicitations are donor-centered and compelling.
- Manage the work of the Development Assistant which includes activities such as oversight of donor database accuracy, reporting, and gift entry; logging in-kind donations; acknowledgement letters and so on.
- Participates in monthly revenue reconciliation with Finance Department
- Other duties as required by the Senior Director of Development.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of two to four years of professional fundraising experience required.
- Experience in nonprofit development and event planning required.
- Experience using customer relationship management software, specifically RE and Bloomerang.
- Strong interpersonal skills, willing to contact and interact with donors.
- Flexibility in schedule, ability to attend events after work hours or on weekends.
- Organized, creative, and detail oriented.
- Strong computer skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) required.
- Experience using social media platforms in a professional setting (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, MailChimp, etc.).
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, multicultural work environment.
To apply for this position please email Senior Director of Development Momtaz Begum at email@example.com with cover letter and resume.