The Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) activates the entrepreneurial mindset and builds start-up skills in youth and young adults from under-resourced communities to ensure their success and create a more vibrant and inclusive society.
NFTE seeks an experienced fundraising leader with strong communication and organizational skills to join our Development team and lead fundraising for the South (encompassing Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Mississippi, and Arkansas). The Development Director reports to the Executive Vice President, Chief Advancement Officer. This position is part of the national Development team and also works closely with the regional program team. The Development Director is responsible for supporting, building, and implementing the South annual fundraising program and participate in national and/or multi-regional donor relationships in support of the organization’s overall annual contributions revenue goals.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage and grow the South fundraising portfolio; ensure grant/gift deliverables are accomplished on time and in the highest quality manner to drive growth and support strong year over year donation renewals and potential upgrades
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward renewal, lapsed, and new donors through well-planned, targeted strategies including prospect research, pitch creation, proposal and appeal writing, meetings, and reporting
- Lead the NFTE South Advisory Board in support of community-building, fundraising, and volunteer activities with in partnership with the board chair, Regional Director, EVP/Chief Advancement Officer and CEO, including upholding a culture of engagement and accountability, new member recruitment, etc.
- Implement a regional donor acquisition plan to identify and pursue new corporate, individual and foundation contributions
- Coordinate fundraising and cultivation events for the South in partnership with the regional director and national events team (as appropriate) including the Youth Entrepreneurship Challenge finals (sponsorships, judges, keynote/panel, invitations, etc.) and other potential future events (poker tournament, golf outing, gala, etc.)
- Oversee all necessary fundraising administration to ensure proper and accurate gift processing, tracking, and reporting internally and externally.
- Maintain accurate regional pipeline using Raiser’s Edge CRM including contribution status, deadlines, contacts, actions, notes, etc.
- Ensure proper and timely recognition of donors with ongoing stewardship and relevant programmatic engagement through volunteerism in partnership with the regional program team
- Represent NFTE at regional and national events and programs
- Be highly knowledgeable of NFTE’s goals, program model, culture, and key stakeholders
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in fundraising as a generalist across corporate, foundation, and individual giving, events, board development; other relevant skills (marketing, sales, budgeting, writing) a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter with good judgement and an ability to work both independently and collaboratively across a distributed organization
- Excellent communication skills a must, both written and verbal, with an ability to clearly articulate complex programs, present exciting partnership opportunities, and report on progress and outcomes; must enjoy writing
- Excellent relationship management skills (with both internal and external partners)
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage, and grow donor relationships
- Track record of achieving progressive, measurable results
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented and ability embrace new tools, systems, and processes for organizational management and efficiency
- Positive attitude with customer service orientation and willingness to “roll up shirtsleeves” as a fundraising generalist expected to get the work done
- Must enjoy working in a fun, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to NFTE’s mission and core values
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required; experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Ability to connect NFTE’s work and partnerships into the larger landscape of inter-related issues within education, workforce development, youth, and economic development
- Work with a collaborative approach with teams across NFTE in a remote work structure
- Be open to additional duties as assigned
- This is a full-time position virtually based within Texas, DFW metro area preferred.
- We are only considering TX applicants. Relocation assistance is not available for this role.
- NFTE positions are currently 100% remote utilizing employee home office locations.
- The position will travel as necessary, locally, regionally, and nationally.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
As a condition of employment for this position, successful applicants will be required to have received COVID-19 vaccination or an approved exemption as of their start date. Details relating to demonstrating compliance with this requirement will be provided by our Talent Management and Administration team during the offer stage. Additionally, during the offer stage, prospective employees may request an accommodation if they can provide documentation that the vaccine is medically contraindicated or in conflict with a sincerely held religious belief.
Compensation: $85,000 – 95,000, depending on experience and qualifications. Total rewards suite of outstanding competitive benefits, including:
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance (fully paid by NFTE)
- 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Generous PTO: 17 vacation days, 12 paid holidays, personal choice day, summer Fridays, paid family leave (up to 6 weeks) & additional NFTE time (i.e., holiday break between Christmas to New Year’s Day)
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA): pre-tax savings for expenses not covered by plan
- Dependent Care Account (DCA): pre-tax savings for child care services
- Transportation Savings Accounts (TSA): pre-tax savings for transit and parking services
- Tuition reimbursement program & professional development support through learning opportunities (internal workshops, external conferences and organizational projects)
- Cell phone reimbursement (up to $60/mo.) & employee referral program
Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) is a global nonprofit organization that provides high-quality entrepreneurship education to middle and high school students from under-resourced communities and programs for college students and adults. NFTE reaches 50,000+ students annually in 30 states across the U.S. and offers programs in 19 additional countries. We have educated more than a million students through in-school, out-of-school, college, and summer camp programs offered in-person and online. To learn more about how we are promoting inclusive capitalism and building the next generation of diverse entrepreneurs, visit www.nfte.com.
NFTE is a student-focused, equity-driven organization that works to empower youth and combat inequities in education, the economy, and our broader society. We offer a diverse and inclusive workplace where learning from each other is integral to our culture. NFTE welcomes people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Go to NFTE’s website Careers page. Please attach your resume along with a brief cover letter. In your cover letter please respond to the following three points:
- Your experience as it directly relates to the requirements listed in the job description.
- Why you want to work for NFTE.
- Your salary requirements/expectations.
Your cover letter is important. Candidates who express interest by following directions and providing the requested cover letter will be given priority.