The Development Director oversees the daily activities of the Development department. Assists in the development of goals and strategies for all fundraising and gift campaigns. Develops and maintains a prospect portfolio to optimize fundraising opportunities.
· Serve as a member of the leadership team under the direction of the Executive Director
· In collaboration with the Board of Directors and the Executive Director develop annual resource development plan including annual fundraising events, major gift campaign, corporate and foundation grants, capital campaign and individual donations
· Work with finance department to ensure proper stewardship of all campaign gifts and that donor designated funds are used in accordance with the donor's intentions
· Identify and cultivate relationships with prospective donors and sponsors
· Establish and maintain long term, meaningful relationships with established donors, and new donors alike
· Coordinate campaign fund-raising responsibilities of the Executive Director and Board volunteers as appropriate
· Manage and maintain relationships with foundation/corporate funds development contacts
· Cultivate Donor recognition & correspondence, including high level $ acknowledgements, follow up reports and newsletters
· Design and implement new giving vehicles and strategies for donors such as planned giving and recurring/monthly giving
· Maintain an active portfolio of corporate, civic, and private donor prospects being cultivated and solicited for grants and gifts, including donor upgrade strategies
· Maintain resource development files (records and reports of solicitation, donor contacts, etc.)
· Oversee all major special events
· Support management of brand through consistent donor messaging in all internal and external communications, in collateral pieces and verbal presentations.
· Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the organization
· Manage donor events, fundraising events, and cultivation events
· Travel on behalf of organization to develop and cultivate donor relations and giving opportunities
· Assist with marketing and communications as needed related to donors
· Responsible for administrative tasks associated with the role
· Participate in company events not related to development
· Supervise the Development Department.
· Assist with any additional or special projects, tasks or duties beyond what is outlined here that may be assigned as required.
· Identify new fundraising opportunities and increase donor giving year over year
Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or Fundraising related fields required
· 7+ years’ experience in Development or related field, experience with non-profits
· Experience in planned giving and grant writing fundraising campaigns
· Experience with Blackbaud, Raiser’s Edge NXT or similar CRM software
· Proficient in MS Office Suite
· Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and presentation
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, strong organizational skills
· Desire to learn and take on various types of responsibilities
· A self-motivator, eager to learn and grow, a fast learner
· A team player, must be able to work with people within and outside of the development department
· Willing to work outside regular business hours when necessary
MO is committed to equal opportunity in employment and, as such, it recruits, hires, transfers, trains, promotes, pays and retains its employees solely based on qualifications and performance within the boundaries of the stated mission of MO as a Judeo-Christian Biblical organization. The Organization’s commitment to this equal employment opportunity applies to all parties, including regular employees and applicants for employment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.