Start date: September 24, 2023
Position status: Full-time, salaried
Salary: $75,000 - $85,000
Reports to: CEO, Robyn Brown
What’s in it for you:
- 4-day work week (Monday - Thursday)
- Hybrid working environment: Work from Bold Idea’s office (5205 N O'Connor Blvd Suite 1400, Irving, TX 75039) and/or work remotely. We’ll provide a laptop computer for work use.
- Health, vision & dental benefits
- 10 days paid time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Career growth in the organization
- Focus on work/life balance
Who we are:
Founded in 2015, Bold Idea is a non-profit organization that addresses the computer science opportunity gap for students in north Texas and creates a pipeline of talent with the technical and interpersonal skills for the jobs of tomorrow. We are increasing students’ access to computer science learning opportunities through an after-school and summer program and mentoring from industry professionals. Together with our partners, we are creating equity in computer science education and ensuring that all students have the opportunity to learn the subject, especially girls and Black and Latinx students.
Who you are:
This is a dynamic opportunity for an experienced development and corporate relations professional who is seeking a leadership position with a fast-growing education non-profit. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional communication and leadership skills, a strategic mindset, and a strong passion for our mission.
What you will do:
In this newly created role, the Development Director will be externally focused on individual donors, foundations, and corporate relationships and revenue, requiring routine internal cross-functional collaboration. The Development Director will expand Bold Idea’s development program by executing activities designed to attract annual giving such as maintaining excellent relationships with funders, volunteers and the community. The position will be expected to meet annual fundraising goals.
Relationship management and solicitation
- Develop and coordinate the annual Development Plan and development activities; prepare regular written status reports on the implementation of the Development Plan.
- Provide leadership as senior-level relationship contact for Bold Idea to individual donors, corporate partners and foundations.
- Develop and manage major donor, corporate, and foundation relationships to secure funding to achieve annual revenue targets in the $750,000 range annually with a focus on gifts of $10,000 and above.
- Actively and aggressively pursue and solicit Bold Idea’s network, cultivating lapsed and current donor and corporate relationships and maximizing giving potential.
- With Board and volunteer leaders, identify and prospect for new donors and corporate partners; build a pipeline of prospects, and create a diverse, active and fluid portfolio of accounts.
- Write a compelling case for support in collaboration with the CEO that can be used in all proposals and grant submissions.
- Work closely with the CEO and Education Director to steward corporate relationships and identify employee engagement events.
- Manage relationships with foundations and grant-giving entities through facilitating site visits and stewardship practices.
- Prepare grant proposals; build a grants pipeline with accurate and detailed information including foundation contact, due dates, contact information, grant funding, funding cycles and due dates.
- Analyze and strategize on turning volunteers into donors.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of Bold Idea funding priorities and activities, ensuring self-comfort and confidence in speaking to these priorities with donors and partners.
- Be a Bold Idea ambassador and speak to our mission, culture and core values.
- Lead and supervise the Development department staff, which includes the Marketing Manager and Development Coordinator.
- Liaise with the Development Committee and Committee Chair on the Board’s role in fund development.
- Coordinate with the Young Professionals Board (Hexagon Club) on fundraising activities and events.
- Mentor and train the development staff, committee members, and the Board of Directors on how to have a successful culture of philanthropy and achieve fundraising goals.
What you bring to the position:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, or other Business concentration from a four-year university
- Experience: 5+ years in a high-volume Development department; knowledge of non-profit Development, major gifts, and corporate relations
- CRM (constituent relationship management) software usage experience, including Salesforce
- General knowledge of Google’s G Suite applications, including the ability to produce documents and presentations, communicate with collaborative online tools, and social media (or have the ability to be quickly trained in new software or online platforms)
- Experience implementing giving programs to support revenue growth and relationship acquisition and retention
- Communication and organizational skills to work cross-functionally and collaboratively across departments and teams.
- Passion for the Bold Idea mission. Motivated by service, humility and compassion for helping people.
NOTE: Experience in computer science or computer programming is not a requirement for this position.
Email your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications to Robyn Brown, email@example.com.