Join CASA of Denton County as our Development Director and bring your creativity and knowledge to a vibrant team of advocates! We need you to help us move into the next phase of our 30-year-old agency's vital work with children who have been abused and neglected.
The job description is below:
Classification: Exempt Full-time Position
Reports to: Executive Director
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferably in related field
Minimum three years direct development experience in special events, campaign coordination, marketing and
communications in a fundraising environment
Experience in supervision of staff and volunteers
Excellent professional oral and written communication, including experience in public presentations
Organizational skills with attention to detail
Ability to interact cooperatively with diverse populations and different personalities
Computer literate; experience with Microsoft Office, database management programs, websites and social media
Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
-Oversee recruitment, hiring, and supervision of Development Assistant. Serve on the agency leadership team,
giving input to the Executive Director and ensuring positive overall functioning of the agency.
- Develop, and oversee planning and implementation of major and minor fundraising events annually, including
working with committees and volunteers, use of event software, coordination with vendors and contractors
- Serve as staff liaison with board committees, including Development and event committees
- Ensure CASA’s presence at third-party events and fundraising efforts by others on our behalf as requested by
- Keep abreast of events and initiatives in the organization’s service area which do or may have an impact on
CASA fund raising efforts
-Oversee development and maintenance of all agency publications and communications including newsletters,
annual report, brochures, fact sheets, website, social media, etc.
- Arrange and/or make presentations to increase community awareness of agency generally
- Coordinate with Training and Recruitment Coordinator for Child Abuse Prevention Month activities
- Work with agency volunteers as needed to develop and train speakers for presentations
Fundraising and Communication
- Create, coordinate and implement fundraising campaigns for the agency, to include mailings/email appeals such
as Fund A Child, and community-wide efforts such as North Texas Giving Day.
- Continue and improve stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties between the agency and donors
- Meet current and prospective donors and supporters to establish effective communication with them.
- Develop and ensure the growth of major gifts including identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of
- Create and expand special efforts such as planned giving and monthly giving opportunities
- Create and oversee the implementation of the Annual Development Plan with the Development Committee
- Oversee input of, and maintain accurate records in donor database
- Prepare, or oversee preparation of, acknowledgements for all donations
- Ensure maintenance of Constant Contact donor list and fundraising event volunteer list
- Compile data and report relevant statistics to board committees and Executive Director
- Assist with special campaign development and implementation – including capital or endowment campaigns
- Work with Executive Director on grant writing, supervise contract grant writer, assist with grant management and cultivation/stewardship of grantors
Participate in continuing education opportunities relevant to this position
Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Conditions of Employment
Flexible schedule includes regular office hours and some evening and weekend work
Must have daily transportation in order to attend meetings and represent CASA in the public
Bending and lifting when setting up for events, storing supplies, moving donations, etc.
Standing for long periods of time when making presentations, at special events, etc.
Please go to our website: www.casadenton.org and click on About Us and then Employment. Fill out the application and return it, along with your resume and cover letter, to email@example.com