Reports to: Vice President
Position Description: JA of the Chisholm Trail is seeking an organized, mission-minded individual to manage fund development, helping to ensure fluidity between program implementation, public relations and fundraising efforts. This includes grant management and reporting, donor cultivation and stewardship, event management, database management, organizing data analytics and marketing communications. This is a full-time position. Competitive salary range depending on experience. Benefits include healthcare coverage, paid time off and 401k match.
Duties & Responsibilities
Grants Management & Reporting
- Track grant cycle to ensure proposals and corresponding reports are submitted in a timely manner
- Compose grant proposals and complete grant reporting on time
- Provide on-going report of grants status
- Proper entry of grant information and reporting data in the donor database (BCRM) & Grant Hub
- Works collaboratively with team in the solicitation, cultivation and stewardship of new and existing funders
- Manage and enhance the ongoing components of donor stewardship including, but not limited to, communication with donors, organize and manage donor initiatives.
- Ensure all members of the JA team and Board have accurate information relating to donors that encourages enhanced engagement.
- Extract, analyze, and create a plan for the appropriate use of information from the donor database and other records to improve results of solicitation efforts.
- Develop strategic alliances with community leaders, local officials, donors, and prospects.
- Develop collaborative partnerships with other community organizations, members, and funders.
- Grow major gifts program to include research efforts to identify, engage, and cultivate relationships with prospective donors.
- Manage planning and logistics of:
- Annual Golf Tournament Fundraiser
- Annual Breakfast Fundraiser
- Annual Fundraising Campaign
- North Texas Giving Day
- Peer-to-Peer Fundraisers
- JA YES! events
- Additional events, as assigned
- Communication and oversight of special event details such as revenue tracking, registration, seating, invoices, reporting and reconciliation
- Create event sponsorship packages and lead the solicitation and securing of sponsorships
- Lead efforts to fulfill sponsorships for each event, ensuring sponsors get all benefits due to them
- Attend and participate in all event planning committees – internal and external
- Manage, cultivate and coordinate staff and volunteer involvement in events
- Manage vendor relationships for events, including expense management
- Manage and oversee all aspects of donor database in order to solicit, cultivate and develop donor and constituent relationships
- Manage imports, data clean-up, updating and entering of all records to system with assistance from the Administrative Assistant
- Responsible for accurate donor records related to donations from campaigns, events, grants, memoriam/honorarium, individuals, corporations, in-kind and other sources including pledges
- Utilize database effectively to develop accurate reporting and statistical analysis on donors, funders, campaigns and special events
- Develop and post local content on social media channels, while integrating JA USA content
- Promote fundraising events through all marketing channels as appropriate
- College degree preferred and/or experience in business or fund development
- CFRE preferred
- Five years minimum experience in professional fundraising
- An understanding of accounting terminology and the ability to interact with accountant
- Attention to detail and ability to develop systems for better efficiency
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Experience with and proficient with CRM for data collection and reporting (i.e. BCRM)
- Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent project management and execution skills
- Ability to implement and manage processes for greater efficiency
- Ability to take initiative and self-manage
- Correspond with constituents/vendors and represent JA in highly professional manner
- Ability to work in a team environment and help other departments when needed
- Willingness to take on other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements: The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk; occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; continually required to talk or hear; occasionally required to bend, lift, or climb; and frequently required to lift and carry 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities include: close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust or focus.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Due to the volume of responses, only qualified parties will be contacted.