I AM a Golfer Foundation (IAMGF)
Organization Overview: The IAMGF, founded in 2018, is a 501(c)3 community and youth development nonprofit organization based out of Cedar Crest Golf Course. We utilize the pillars of instruction, jobs, and scholarships as tools to improve the life outcomes of youth in southern Dallas while additionally impacting lives through our preservation and promotion initiatives related to the 1919 historical landmark and surrounding community.
Mission Statement: To be a catalyst for community renewal and transformation in south Dallas through the programming, preservation, and promotion of the historic Cedar Crest Golf Course.
Reports to: The Development Director reports to the Executive Director.
Supervises: The Development Director supervises IAMGF development and event volunteers.
Employment Status: Full-time, Exempt
Job Summary: The Development Director’s primary responsibility is to develop and manage the fundraising function of IAMGF. The position includes fundraising, grant writing, event and donor management, donor prospecting, budgeting, administration, marketing, and community outreach duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate in developing and achieving revenue goals as set forth within the annual budget
- Collaborate on and ultimately create the fund development plan and oversee its implementation
- Oversee and participate in all fundraising activities
- Share in the identification and cultivation of major donors
- Manage existing (and create new as needed) fundraising events and focus on additional ways to generate revenue
- Solicit sponsorships and donations from individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Research, write, and manage grant proposals
- Manage annual end of year campaign and/or other membership drives
- Establish mutually beneficial partnerships (as appropriate)
- Oversee continual maintenance of database to track and communicate with donors, supporters, and prospects
- Collaborate on the development of fundraising brochures and information
- Assist with the solicitation of equipment donations and negotiation of vendor discounts
- Engage parents, participants, and other volunteers in the fundraising process and oversee fundraising efforts
- Assist with coordination and preparation for Board, Advisory Board, Staff, and other meetings as necessary
- Lead the development and management of event and fundraising committees
- Collaborate on the coordination and execution of communication activities for special events and activities and assist with the overall PR and communications function
- Lead in the development of promotional and collateral material for special events
Community Awareness and Outreach:
- Attend IAMGF programs (as available) and represent IAMGF to the community to aid in relationship building, fundraising, marketing, public relations and communication efforts
- Lead and assist with the development and delivery of public education and outreach activities, including special events, public presentations, golf shows, tournaments, trainings, etc
- Network within the community, participate in industry events, and network with colleagues (as appropriate)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years of successful event management and/or fundraising experience
- Proficient with computers
- Possess strong time and fiscal management skills
- Demonstrate exceptional communication and managerial skills
- Previous success in working with volunteers
- Experience working with community based organizations
- Base Salary – commensurate with experience
- Incentive Bonus Program
- Health Insurance
- Paid vacation
To apply: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org