Hybrid, Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to President & CEO
Cumberland is seeking a fundraising professional to join us as our Development Director. The Development Director will spearhead fundraising initiatives so that we can continue to keep kids safe and families together. The ideal candidate thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment. Our Development Director will serve along with communications and grant-writing professionals on the development team. This position reports to the President & CEO.
- Must be able to pass a background check, TB and Drug Test
- A valid Texas Driver’s License
- Build a robust revenue stream ($1.4m in 2023) from current and prospective individuals, community groups, corporate and foundation donors to grow our revenue through a creative and multi-strategy framework.
- Collaborate with the Board of Trustee’s Advancement Committee to develop and implement annual fundraising plans.
- Drive the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship process to create successful campaigns focusing on major donors, recurring donors, peer-to-peer fundraisers, and other resources.
- Actively engage in the community to develop a network of community leaders to identify and build relationships with new donors.
- Utilize both statistics and compelling, strength-based storytelling with a clear call to action, fostering relationships that effectively strengthen Cumberland residents and programs.
- Lead at least one special event and one donor recognition event annually. • Create and manage fundraising annual budgets.
- Leverage our donor management software to better understand our constituency and build stronger major gifts and annual campaigns.
- Partner with our leadership team to contribute strategic and tactical plans for fundraising efforts that address our funding needs, gaps and opportunities.
- Collaborate across your development team, but also cross-functionally across our organization to develop narrative content for reports, meetings and annual budget planning.
- Collaborate with the communications team to develop a digital fundraising strategy, direct mail appeals, and other fundraising collaterals.
- Supervise Americorps VISTAS or other community volunteers supporting our fundraising and capacity building efforts.
- Proven track record of fundraising success in securing major gifts, managing campaigns, and engaging motivated supporters. A minimum of 5 years of fundraising experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a complex, collaborative, and fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of best practices for fundraising, marketing, and communications, including trends, tools, and technology.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- May lift and carry up to 10 pounds frequently, up to 25 pounds occasionally, up to 40 pounds infrequently.
- Performs tasks that may involve standing or walking 25% of the day; sitting 75% of the day.
- The employee is regularly required to speak or hear, may bend, stoop, reach and grasp as necessary.
- Position includes exposure to parents, guardians, and conservators as well as to youth with behavioral problems, including possible verbal or physical aggression
- Medical, Dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- 401 (k) with employer match
- Paid Holidays
Salary Range: $67,000 - $85,000
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.