Position Function: Performs data entry for the donor database including daily gift entry, gift receiving and receipting processes in accordance with all policies and procedures. Performs clerical support for Chief Development Officer and Donor Information Services Manager. An integral part of the Development team, this position is responsible for providing a range of database functions essential to the operation of the Development Department and its fundraising efforts.
Education Requirements: High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience Requirements: 1-2 years data entry and clerical; proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook); and Bloomerang or other fundraising/database software. Possess accurate typing and proof-reading skills as well as communication skills both oral and written.
Functional Requirements: Must perform accurate and timely data entry duties related to the donor database. Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills. Results-oriented with uncompromising attention to detail and accuracy. Strong organizational skills.
Working Conditions: Heavy computer usage/typing and donor database functions in an office environment. Sitting long periods of time at computer, receive and return phone calls. Attendance at some ACH events and public functions, and some work on evenings and weekends may be required.
Exposure to Confidential Information: Maintain confidentiality and discretion & follow policies related to donor, volunteer, personnel, and client records.
- Process gifts received in the Development Department, including determination of the appropriate coding of gifts. Gift processing includes entering gifts in Bloomerang; issuing appropriate gift acknowledgement letters; scan/copy gift documents to be included in constituent records; tracking pledges and associated payments; interaction with donors regarding charitable gifts, credit card processing and updating donor contact information.
- Generate daily deposit/donation logs and documentation for finance.
- Research DonorSearch (wealth screening software) to provide staff with most current gift giving history.
- Problem solving independently, offering creative ideas/solutions and implementing ideas.
- Identify and produce reports that will aid staff in the fundraising process.
- Ability to multi-task with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to be responsive to customers and communicate in a positive, friendly and responsive way with a broad range of individuals, both in written and oral communications.
- Order, track and maintain office supplies.
- Assist Chief Development Officer and Donor Information Services Manager with clerical support for projects as needed.
- Assist Community Engagement and Development Team with donor database entry as needed.
Please apply online at www.achservices.org