A key position on the fundraising team, the Database Coordinator promptly enters and acknowledges all contributions to The Dallas Opera, manages the donor database, and provides administrative support for the Development department.
This position reports to the Associate Director of Development and works closely with all members of the Development team.
Responsibilities: Primary areas of responsibility include prompt and accurate processing of contributions and providing support to the department. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Process and promptly acknowledge gifts for all campaigns and special events
- Serve as development department’s database manager and meticulously update Tessitura records based on contacts with donors and prospects and as requested by fundraising officers
- Process monthly pledge reminders and donor credit card billing
- Process weekly development forecast and cash flow documents
- Process invoices and check requests for the department
- Provide general administrative support to Associate Director of Development and others as needed
- Assist with digitization of department records
- Work closely with fundraisers to ensure accurate data entry
- Available to work evenings and weekends during performance season
- Collaborative service as a member of the development team
- Performance of other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Well-versed in working with databases and 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency with Tessitura highly desirable.
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and committed to meeting deadlines
- Familiar with working and collaborating in a Microsoft 365 environment
- Customer service oriented
- Creative problem solver
- Adaptable to changing environment
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience, starting at $40,000.
Benefits include health, vision, and dental insurance, vacation time, no-cost parking, and professional development opportunities to increase knowledge base and employee retention
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
Location: Dallas, Texas
The Dallas Opera values diversity in the workplace and is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive work environment where employees are treated with dignity and respect. The Dallas Opera is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a policy of non-discrimination with all employees and applicants for employment. Applications from populations underrepresented in the arts are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send a cover letter no longer than two pages and resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line “Development Database Coordinator” Please send Word or PDF file only.
No phone calls please.