About Autism Treatment Center
The mission of the Autism Treatment Center is to assist people with autism and related disorders throughout their lives as they learn, play, work and live in the community. ATC is a private, nonprofit, 501(c)(3) corporation providing its services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Services include residential, educational, therapeutic, adult programs and research.
The Development Coordinator is part of a growing Development department and is responsible for providing support to the department and the Chief Development Officer. The Development Coordinator participates in all fundraising activities; including donor relations, community outreach, and special events. The ability to prioritize assignments and work both independently and collaboratively is highly valued. The Development Coordinator must be diplomatic, accommodating, outgoing, and possess exceptional social skills as well as a fair amount of emotional intelligence.
- Assist with fundraising appeal production including editing, printing, mailing, and managing project tasks timeline.
- Assist with grant proposals, maintaining the grant database, and researching prospective institutional donors
- Assist with fundraising events; coordinate and track solicitation of sponsorships; manage ticket sales and guest lists; oversee logistics for event – venue setup, guest registration and check-out, breakdown and cleanup
- Assist with outreach and marketing; coordinate outings at resource fairs and community outreach events; transport and set up marketing materials and share information about ATC programs and services; follow-up with requests for information
- Attend networking events to engage with local businesses and promote ATC
- Recruit and manage individual and corporate volunteers for fundraising and outreach events; coordinate activities and maintain relationships with volunteer groups that provide support throughout the year for ATC program participants
- Assist with communications; work with program staff to collect stories and photos for newsletters and social media postings; serve as backup for Marketing Manager
- University degree (Associate’s or Bachelor’s) with at least two years of experience in nonprofit fundraising and development.
- Outstanding administrative and organizational skills that reflect a customer service focus and attention to detail
- Experience coordinating fundraising events
- Familiarity with nonprofit fundraising and proposal development
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a contributing team member and with people at all levels within the organization
- Ability to work under pressure, adapt to changes in the work environment, and manage competing demands
- Excellent skills in MS Office, social media platforms and graphics software a plus
- Flexibility, graciousness under fire, and a sense of humor
- Commitment to the Autism Treatment Center mission and goals
The position is a full-time exempt position. The salary range is $50,000 - $60,000, commensurate with experience, in addition to health, vision and dental benefits. Autism Treatment Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, or veteran status. A criminal background check and drug screen will be conducted prior to finalizing an offer of employment.
Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Development Coordinator" in the subject line.