Recovery Resource Council is seeking to hire a hybrid, full-time Development & Communications Specialist to collaborate with the Chief Development Officer to promote the agency, its programs, services, and fundraising initiatives in various online and print media. The Specialist also contributes to the development efforts of the organization. The role includes writing and producing marketing materials; maintaining RRC’s social media presence; updating the agency website; identifying new opportunities for digital marketing; assisting with grant applications and reports; and prospecting potential donors. This is a hybrid work position but must be able to travel within the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Fundraising: Assist Chief Development Officer in writing grant applications and reports, tracking reporting deadlines, and other fundraising initiatives as needed.
2. Donor Engagement: Assist Development staff with developing and implementing strategies for donor engagement.
3. Research: Research, track, and report on development prospects.
4. Events: Collaborate on the planning of events including Power of Prevention, Golf Classic, and Stars in Recovery, as well as holiday parties and meetings for funders and partners, as needed. Attend events and provide event support as needed.
1. Media: Write press releases and pitch stories featuring RRC programs, services, and fundraising initiatives in and to local media. Track local media coverage.
2. Materials: Create agency promotional materials. Design, photograph, and write copy for grant reports, marketing materials, annual report, infographics, and flyers, as needed.
3. Social media: Develop a social media strategy to promote the agency on its official agency social media platforms. Write and post content. Attend RRC and partner events and promote/feature on social media. Provide support, oversight, and training to RRC staff who assist with social media.
4. Website: Manage RecoveryCouncil.org website, including updating photos, writing news items, and posting resources; support other staff in managing affiliated websites.
5. E-Newsletter: Develop editorial calendar and lead production of the Recovery Resource Council email newsletter.
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or related field with a minimum of 2 years related work experience
• Exceptional writing & editing skills, including spelling/grammar, with the ability to write in a clear, concise, and compelling manner
• Strong design experience with Adobe Creative Suite & Canva; photography/video skills a plus
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with both community partners and internal personnel
• Strong organizational skills and ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment as a self-starter and team member
• Experience with Microsoft 365, WordPress, Constant Contact, and CRM databases, like Abila Fundraising 50
• Comfortable using data and digital analytics tools to measure the effectiveness of communications efforts
• Experience maintaining and growing organizational social media presence
• Enthusiasm to learn and promote the work of the Recovery Resource Council.
Please send a cover letter, resume, two writing samples, and an example or link to your design work to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may be asked to complete a Predictive Index Survey.