The FWSO is currently looking for a Development Associate who will undertake a variety of administrative and donor relations tasks related to customer service and stewardship of all levels of individual and corporate donors. The associate works with the VP of Development and Development Manager and collaborates with other members of the Development Team to support and implement tasks including weekly operational needs, and donor benefit and special events fulfillment.
- Support the Development Specialist and Development Manager in fulfillment of operational duties like tax acknowledgement letters, gift entry, Board packets, etc.
- Prepare and send VIP parking stickers, packets, and other donor benefit documentation
- Execute the ordering and delivery of condolence cards, celebration flowers, holiday cards, etc.
- Track department office supplies and office needs and oversee the ordering of materials
- Assist with print collateral for a variety of projects (printing/assembling name tags, printing, and mailing letters, etc.
- Coordinate weekly department team meetings and help in scheduling meetings for VP of Development for current and prospective donors and Board members
- Set up and break down the FWSO conference room for development team meetings, select committee and donor meetings
- Work with the Development Manager on events and meetings including:
- Assist with and/or manage major fundraising events including Opening Night and annual Gala; Artist Meet and Greets, events for Patrons of the Symphony; museum events; Brooks Morris Legacy Giving Society events (annual lunch and recruitment event);
- Track and order food and beverage for department meetings and donor events
- Concerts in the Garden events; open rehearsals; and other events as assigned
- Invitation support including printing/mailing invitations, managing RSVPs and logging data into Tessitura
- Event details including managing outside vendors, including venue, catering, parking, floral and decorations
- Concert duty including lobby greeting and hosting donors in the intermission reception, Maestro’s Club
- Maintain professional office environment and help build positive relationships within the team, with donors and patrons, and other external parties
- Other duties as assigned
- Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office; Tessitura experience is preferred
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Experience in working with confidential information
- Knowledge of calendaring and working with VIPs
Education and Experience:
- Proven experience in fundraising and development
- Knowledge of donor stewardship and customer services within a non-profit arts organization
- 2-3 years of donor services experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with outstanding communication skills
- Knowledge of the performing arts strongly preferred
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Development Associate in the subject line. No phone calls, please.