Equest, a robust 501 c-3 Equine Assisted Services organization in Dallas, is seeking a Development Associate who will be an integral part of the development team. The Development Associate will provide administrative, strategic, and logistical support to Equest’s diverse donor cultivation and fundraising efforts. Reporting to the Director of Development, this employee will be responsible for assisting with special events, managing online giving platforms, event ticket management, as well as event related income and expense reports. The Development Associate works closely with the development team to set schedules for direct mail and digital solicitations, fundraising campaigns, and collaborates on text, design, and photo/video selection for marketing efforts. Qualified individuals will be able to proofread grant applications and proposals and have the aptitude to create social media postings to disseminate information about Equest.
Equest’s Development Associate position is a great fit for an individual wanting to further their career in the field of non-profit development and will be given ample opportunities to help evolve Equest’s fundraising strategies.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, a quick learner, an exceptional writer, a creative thinker, a team player, detail oriented and deadline sensitive. A passion for excellence is necessary to fit into the Equest culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2 years of professional experience, with at least one year of development experience
- Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint)
- Professional demeanor, attention to detail, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Donor management software experience, general proficiency with Salesforce or similar database.
- A collaborative and collegial work style
- Must have the ability to empathize with donors and clearly communicate Equest’s mission.
- Experience in grant writing and reporting is a plus
To apply for the Development Associate position, send cover letter and resume to Jacquie Maddox and email@example.com.