Jonathan’s Place is seeking a full-time Development Assistant.
Established in May 1991, Jonathan’s Place provides safe, loving homes and specialized services to children who have been victims of abuse, abandonment or neglect. Please visit our website (www.jpkids.org) to learn more about our agency
This is an entry level position responsible for donor engagement, donation data entry, database management and general support of the Development Department.
The successful candidate will be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining agency paper funding files (Foundation, Corporations, Civic/Religious, Grants)
- Responsible for donor portfolio (lower to mid-level gifts) and assembling fundraising affinity groups (i.e. young professionals, and etc. )
- Conduct tours of the facility for potential donors
- Represent agency at community engagements and public events
- Conduct public speaking engagements (i.e. church groups, civic groups, etc.)
- Communications with financial and in-kind donors to support development strategic plan
- Complete all data entry and maintain the integrity, updates, and corrections of all records in the Raisers Edge/Blackbaud (in kind, grants, financial gifts)
- Create queries and generate necessary reports from Raisers Edge
- Generate and mail acknowledgments to donors in accordance with tax laws and the JP Acknowledgment and Communication Plan
- Provide support to the Senior Development Director and Chief Executive Officer in regard to donor portfolio management
- Monthly reconciliation of Square, Blackbaud, Merchant Services, Raiser’s Edge, and other sources, with Director of Finance and Human Resources
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Manage gift processing, gift acknowledgement, and all stewardship plans and activities
- Manage grant tracking and follow up, including the creation of thank you letters and stewardship reports for all granting organizations.
- Produce donor queries, lists, and reports for development staff as needed, including for monthly development committee meetings and board meetings.
- Some college or Bachelor’s degree; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of fundraising standards
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- 1-3 years of database experience – nonprofit, sales, or corporate
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional phone demeanor
- Must effectively manage project timelines and deliverables. The ability to prioritize, produce high-quality work, and meet deadlines is necessary. This position requires working with donor data on a daily basis, and attention to detail is critical.
- Self-motivated, dependable, reliable, discrete and efficient in an office environment
- Ability to provide professional image to outside resources
- Adhere to Policies and Procedures
- Ability to produce professional correspondence and presentations
- Ability to problem solve and work independently
- Ability to ensure completion of job assignments in a timely manner
- Ability to be a team player and work effectively with other agency employees
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill of Windows software programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Working knowledge of The Raiser’s Edge donor software preferred
Certificates and Licenses:
- Must maintain a current drivers’ license and favorable driving record as a condition of employment
This is a full-time position with benefits after the initial 60 days.
To apply, please email your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. In the email subject line, please type: Development Assistant – your name. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.