Treasured Vessels Foundation Development and Major Gifts Director
About the Role:
The Development Director will raise financial support by developing and executing strategies for cultivating and stewarding TVF’s major donor portfolio, including foundations, supporting the coordination and execution of special events, and assisting with other projects as needed.
Treasured Vessels Foundation is a residential community in North Texas operating as a clinically therapeutic aftercare program for survivors of sexual exploitation and domestic sex trafficking. The program provides a long-term solution for healing with 24/7 staff and individualized plans for each resident in our program. TVF also provides education to schools, healthcare professionals, and parents, along with legislative solutions within our state and federal institutions.
About the Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic and an experienced fundraiser in building high-touch, long-term relationships with major donors and foundations as well as demonstrated success soliciting and securing support. The ideal candidate for this position will possess strong communication and analytical skills, be solution-oriented, have experience managing through change, and be an individual of impeccable integrity and high ethical standards. The candidate will have experience in developing and implementing a major gifts strategy to ensure the long-term financial stability of the organization.
- Drive the growth of gross and net revenues for the major gifts program
- Effectively articulate, verbally and in writing, TVF’s history, mission, vision, and programs
to potential funding sources
- Manage the full lifecycle of fundraising, including identification, cultivation, solicitation
and stewardship of prospects/donors
- Focus on securing gifts of $25k and above, including 6- and 7- figures
- Provide monthly and quarterly reporting on revenue and forecasting
- Represent TVF and speak to community audiences, organizations, and donors. Travel to
meet with existing and prospective donors in support of program objectives.
- Establish effective working relationships and work collaboratively with TVF’s teammates
across the organization
- Evaluate the resource development fundraising program to identify continuous improvement opportunities and efficiencies to save donor dollars.
- Manage overall trends in giving with support from the analytics team. Identify trends in the current database with regards to forecasting for ROI reporting.
- Maintain excellent record-keeping, ensuring that donor management is accurate in Salesforce and other tools and systems used by TVF.
- Be accountable to personal goals, strategies, and metrics, participating in ongoing and regular assessment of progress toward goals.
- Coordinate with the Communications team to develop collateral and to support TVF and the needs for the role
- Conduct meetings and prepare materials and proposals
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor for the success of the departmental goals and TVF’s mission.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong business acumen with the ability to monitor, compile and analyze data to guide
making. Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain
professional relationships and build successful and effective relationships.
- Ability to communicate technical information and requirements to teammates and
- Demonstrated ability to effectively delegate, monitor workload, and analyze work
processes and metrics.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Demonstrated ability to be flexible
and adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines. Strong attention to detail and
ability to prioritize, delegate and ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and tact.
- High energy level. Self-starter; willing to take initiative.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, experience, training or
certification may be considered in lieu of a degree
- 5+ years of fundraising experience, including management, is a plus
- 5+ years of demonstrated achievement identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding
- Track record of securing gifts 6- and 7- figures
- Excellent motivation and leadership skills
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Intermediate knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office used for word processing,
Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel spreadsheets.
Please email a copy of your resume to email@example.com.