The Development Administrator will work closely with the Sr. Director of Congregational Advancement in administering the Development Program. The Development Administrator will exhibit strong writing skills, will be detail-oriented, and possess the ability to manage and execute projects. The position will also focus on assisting the Sr. Director of Congregational Advancement with member and volunteer communication via phone, email, text, and written correspondence, stewardship of donors, event planning and management, and database maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Sr. Director of Congregational Advancement in administering the Development Department activities which involves developing plans and scheduling meetings; writing solicitation proposals and letters, acknowledgement letters, and other materials; interacting with volunteers; and tracking results of campaigns for analysis purposes.
- Work with the Sr. Director of Congregational Advancement in coordinating Development meetings and events.
- Obtain a current understanding of Temple’s strengths, visions, core values and goals so that these can be articulated accurately and enthusiastically to prospective donors and volunteers.
- Become knowledgeable of all Development projects and campaigns.
- Work with Sr. Director of Advancement to create and maintain a stewardship program that includes acknowledgement, recognition, and continued involvement, as appropriate, of the donor within the particular program or project to which the donor has been a major contributor.
- Coordinate cultivation and donor events.
- Assist with the posting of Development information on Temple’s website in coordination with the Communication’s Office.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Development database, Raiser’s Edge; updating constituent information when needed; adding notes and research information on constituents; and adding actions that assist with tracking moves with prospects.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by the Sr. Director of Advancement.
- High enthusiasm, creativity, and sociability
- Bachelor’s degree a minimum
- Minimum of 3-5 years professional experience in non-profit fundraising
- Well organized with the ability to effectively handle multiple tasks
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Ability to set priorities and meet multiple deadlines with minimum supervision
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Knowledge of social media applications
To apply, please send resume to Sandy Diamond, Sr. Director of Advancement, firstname.lastname@example.org