Become a member of the best IT team in North Texas. If you have a passion for IT, helping others and challenging yourself everyday then look no further then KERA.
WHO WE ARE:
KERA reaches more than 2 million people weekly through KERA TV, KERA News, KXT and Art&Seek. For more than 60 years, North Texans have turned to KERA as a destination for trusted educational programming and initiatives, community engagement and lifelong learning.
As we seek to recognize and reflect the increasing diversity among our audiences, we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and with diverse perspectives to consider employment opportunities at KERA.
KERA is currently looking for a Desktop Support Technician to join its IT support staff in the fast-paced world of broadcasting. This position works across a broad range of technologies and liaises across multiple areas of the organization to support incidents, problems, and requests. Responsible for answering IT requests via digital ticketing system, phone, email, in person or live chat to resolve and/or explain solutions in technical and nontechnical terms in a timely fashion. The Desktop Support technician provides high-quality, friendly in-person customer service for KERA employees and guests. This technician will be the end-users’ primary point of contact for system support.
This is a full-time, FLSA classified non-exempt position, which is eligible for overtime. The position directly reports to the IT Manager.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Installing and configuring of end user devices which includes but is not limited to Windows devices, Mac devices, tablets, phones, printers, etc.
- Provide end-user support, ensuring a timely response and closure to trouble tickets submitted to KERAs ticketing system.
- Maintaining installed PCs, laptops, mac devices, mobile devices, telephone systems and peripherals with routine maintenance
- Identify, log and resolve technical problems with software applications, hardware or network systems
- Identify potential changes and system improvements to present to IT management for consideration and implementation
- Ensure that work is carried out within agreed service levels and in accordance with department guidelines
- Create, maintain, and distribute progress reports to IT Manager
- Maintain client databases with up-to-date solutions and clear record of activities
- Responsible for keeping IT inventory of hardware and software up to date.
- Serve as first tier tech support for KERA employees and guests. Will collaborate with senior technician for advanced troubleshooting issues.
- Assisting Senior Technician with day-to-day maintenance and adjustments of network systems.
As a KERA employee:
- Be an active participant in KERA’s work towards equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging
- Work in a manner that is consistent with KERA’s mission, vision and values; and maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Comply with KERA’s COVID policies.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
This list of job duties is not exhaustive and is subject to regular reviews and updates.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL:
We believe a strong organization includes employees from a range of backgrounds, with different skills, experiences and passions. If you don't meet every job qualification but have some of these skills and think you’re the right person for the job, we'd like to hear from you. Please apply and tell us more about yourself.
- End user-focused and solution-oriented mindset with comprehensive troubleshooting skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Familiarity with Windows and Mac Operating systems
- One year of previous troubleshooting and customer service experience required.
- Ability to take initiative and move projects forward with limited direction.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment as part of a team or self-directed.
- Professional demeanor, goal-oriented, self-motivated, creative, flexible and adaptable to new situations
- Must be able to lift 25lbs and have the ability to work on ladders.
- Must be available/willing to work after normal business hours, and on weekends as needed.
BONUS IF YOU BRING:
- Reliable mode of transportation to help support a remote work force if needed.
- 2-3 years of previous troubleshooting and customer service experience.
- $45,000-$50,000 annually ($21.63-$24.04/hour) depending on experience.
- Generous vacation (3 weeks), sick (8 days), personal time (2 days) and holidays (10)
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
- KERA-paid short and long-term disability, basic life insurance and AD&D insurance
- Flexible scheduling and hybrid work environment
- 403b plan with KERA-match after 1 year
- Culture intentionally focused on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Robust employee assistance program available to the employee and all members of their household
We expect this position to work out of our Dallas office at least 60% of the time.
KERA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
KERA believes that diversity is important to our success. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Complete the application on KERA’s employment page.
- Please include a cover letter indicating why you’re excited about joining the KERA team