North Texas Community Foundation (NTCF) is in the top 10% of the 800+ Community Foundations in the U.S. As a community leader in philanthropy, we strive to increase the effectiveness, stewardship, and accountability of our sector while providing our fundholders with the services and support they need for success. We help to build a healthy, vibrant community through our leadership and funding to a broad group of organizations serving the education, social service, health, religious and cultural needs of our community. The Community Foundation is located in downtown Fort Worth and serves North Texas area philanthropists.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working both independently and as part of a small team, suggesting new ideas to senior leadership, and thinking critically. We are looking for a mission-aligned self-starter with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and innovative environment while juggling multiple projects and competing deadlines at once. A passion for promoting social good is critical.
NTCF serves a broad base of constituents, which include community leaders, fundholders, board members, nonprofits, professional advisors (such as attorneys, CPAs, and wealth advisors), and prospective donors. The Foundation’s constituent relationship management (CRM) databases are vital tools for managing interaction with these varied groups. The Foundation seeks a Database Coordinator to serve as the primary administrator for the Foundation’s CRM databases. The position coordinates Foundation-wide efforts to develop and implement best practices around data management and system utilization. The ideal candidate has constituent relationship management (CRM) and database experience, or is an adaptive learner willing to undertake an intensive database onboarding and training period.
This position will serve as a key contributor to the Foundation’s upcoming database software conversion. Leading up to the conversion, and afterward, this position will perform routine database maintenance and updates to ensure Foundation data is accurate and consistent, contributing towards a successful and efficient conversion. This position will serve as the staff's main point of contact for database update requests. This position will work closely with the Charitable Gift Planning team within Foundation’s Philanthropic Services team to maintain cohesive data in the database systems used now and in the future.
Reporting to the Director of Charitable Gift Planning, this full-time position requires flexibility and ease in taking on new tasks as the Foundation evolves and grows.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
I. Database Conversion and Ongoing Database Maintenance
- Implement best practices for donor database maintenance into daily operations for the Foundation and ensure the integrity of data in the system.
- Create database policies and procedures for staff to follow that support a healthy database.
- Support upcoming Foundation database conversion.
- Run routine fund and profile reports to confirm data is entered into the system accurately. Identify and merge duplicate profiles regularly.
- Ensure secure and consistent input/output of data related to contact history and increasing levels of involvement/investment.
- Support database platform maintenance and upgrades. Identify, recommend, test and implement approved updates and enhancements.
II. Configure Tracking and Reporting on Constituent Activity and Relationship Management
- Track Development staff members' progress against goals and constituents’ progress through the relationship management cycle.
- Collaborate with the Philanthropic Services team to configure tracking systems for relevant interactions, communication, prospect outreach, and event attendance.
- Pull reports for the philanthropic services team and Foundation leadership from the database.
- Produce and maintain email and direct mail lists for Foundation outreach and events.
III. Prospect and Donor Research
- Conduct research on prospective donors and advisors using online and database research tools.
- Utilize these tools to create robust and accurate constituent profiles.
IV. Gift Acknowledgement Process
- Generate and mail weekly gift acknowledgment letters to donors and document donor files.
V. Other Duties as Assigned
- As appropriate, assist other departments and work as a member of the interdepartmental team to ensure the effective and efficient operations of NTCF.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Database management experience with a nonprofit organization is preferred
- Knowledge of and proficiency with Blackbaud RE NXT, Salesforce, Foundant, or similar cloud-based donor database applications
- Knowledge of and proficiency with a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Word, Microsoft 365, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new software
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented with great organization skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative in completing tasks, solving problems, etc.
- Ability to multitask proficiently
- Demonstrates sensitivity to confidential matters
- Friendly demeanor with a positive attitude for interfacing with internal and external constituencies
- Professional appearance
- Ability to work with others to accomplish the mission of the Foundation
- High-level personal and professional integrity and ethics
- A college degree or 3+ years of relevant work experience
A cover letter and resume should be directed to Amanda Lewis, Director of Charitable Gift Planning, at Connect@NorthTexasCF.org. To ensure delivery, place "NTCF Database Coordinator" in your email Subject line.