FUNCTION: The Database Coordinator is a crucial member of our Information System and Database team, which handles all the internal processes for the database. This position assists in the fundraising campaign by ensuring all the information in the database is current and accurate. The Database Coordinator is the go between the Donor Service and Finance departments and is the front line for questions and information about our campaign status. In addition, the Database Coordinator will use their expertise in Raisers Edge to provide the necessary high-level reports, as required, to our Campaign department and train the Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas professional team.
REPORTS TO: Director of Information Systems
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs constituent data entry, which can be complex.
- Ability to query, run, and process reports, as needed, and is able to analyze the data for accuracy.
- Works with donors and Federation departments to coordinate all pledges, payments and constituent data within Raiser’s Edge as a backup to Donor Services.
- He/She must relate to donors and other Federation staff members in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Manages the unapplied cash report for errors.
- Initiate and manage the division rollover with the Campaign department.
- Liaises with the donor services and finance department with processes and application.
- Run month-end queue reports for the Finance department as part of a monthly reconciliation for the of pledges and payments.
- Coordinates all database training and trains Donor Services and the Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas professional team on database improvements and functionalities.
- Coordinate and work closely with the Donor Service department regarding the processing of donor contributions, etc.
- Create and generate ad hoc heavy reports as needed. Examples include dashboard, tax letters, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining integrity of database by creating procedures for maintenance of database and training accordingly.
- Creates data directories/subdirectories for file and report generation retrieval purposes. Maintains paper and/or disk file of entered data.
- Reviews discrepancies in data received, requests clarification, or advises supervisor of issues related to data and performs data verification routines in accordance with company procedures.
- Conducts donor research.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience: A minimum of two years of database and or accounting experience. Preference will be given to those who have worked with Raisers Edge or has other non-profit database experience.
- Very strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail and clear record keeping for projects, decisions, and progress.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and, ideally, Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge database.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple complex projects with competing deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills in person, on the phone, and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and be detail oriented.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and deal with pressure and tight deadlines effectively.
- Discretion handling and communicating sensitive information.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and handle stress.
- Ability to train others in Raiser’s Edge.
- Ability to work irregular hours, including nights and weekends that involve organizational events and meetings.
- A positive attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Please email resumes to email@example.com or apply through our posting on LinkedIn.