The Database Administrator is responsible for maintaining and supporting organization-wide applications that run internally, including many databases, third-party offsite systems, and the student information system. Responsibilities include not only troubleshooting technical problems, but also retrieving information from the databases, managing the integration between the systems and other software, providing prompt and friendly support to users, and training users to work with the systems effectively.
The Database Administrator will provide technical input and recommendations regarding software and database selection and processes. The position will provide technical support and training to various stakeholders and, in conjunction with the Director of Technology provide Tier 2 support for the help desk service. This position will be the lead for process automation, data management, analysis, and reporting.
- Manage all aspects of the Blackbaud RE / EE database and FACTS SIS
- Manage electronic records as they relate to cycles of Membership, Student enrollment, and Donors.
- Support end-users from other departments, with emphasis on supporting the records management of the Preschool, development and, Finance department
- Install and deploy updates, plug-ins, and patches
- Migrate, import, and export data
- Manage data workflow. This includes data security, user permissions, single sign-on, and system integration
- Provide Tier 2 support for the help desk service, primarily with respect to the systems above.
- Keep abreast of operational updates in core services (Blackbaud, FACTS, Google)
- Collaborate with the team to collect and analyze data
- Use graphs, infographics and other methods to visualize data
- Structure large data sets to find usable information
- Create reports for internal and external stakeholders based on recommendations and findings
- Assess the organization’s needs with respect to its systems and applications, and make recommendations for future technologies
- Install new applications and systems as directed
- Depreciate and retire old applications as directed
The ideal candidate will be familiar with Non-profit or school environment and, will possess the following:
- Experience maintaining or managing databases, particularly Blackbaud.
- Experience managing and maintaining learning management systems (FACTS, Google Classroom)
- Experience with administrative functions in Blackbaud and Google Workspace.
- Experience generating reports and exports from databases
- Solid project management skills and outstanding attention to detail
- A compassionate partner to users who can work with end users and department leaders to define and refine the business requirements.
- Demonstrated ability and enthusiasm for learning new technologies rapidly
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex work carefully and accurately
- A friendly, open demeanor and genuine enthusiasm for user support and training and ability to synthesize complex material and translate that information to end-users through relevant informal training
To apply, please email your resume to Julie Meyer (Human Resources) at firstname.lastname@example.org