DEPARTMENT: Outcomes and Evaluation Consulting Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Outcomes and Evaluation
Founded in 1980, CNM is the largest nonprofit resource center in the state of Texas. CNM’s mission is to strengthen communities by connecting and engaging nonprofits and other stakeholders through thought leadership, management expertise, and outcomes technology. CNM consultants help nonprofit organizations of all sizes and missions solve issues and improve business performance to achieve greater mission impact.
CNM is seeking an experienced SAS programmer to clean, format, and analyze data submitted by nonprofit organizations and develop data visualization portals. Requisite Base SAS programming skills needed include cleaning data, formatting datasets for use with SAS Visual Analytics, and analyzing data. The Data Specialist works closely with consultants to design and build graphs and perform data analyses.
- Structure client data into SAS datasets for use in SAS Visual Analytics, and write SAS code to enable ongoing data updates completed by customer support.
- Design and program SAS Visual Analytics client portals for clients to analyze data and report program results.
- Support third-party evaluation and evaluation capacity building consulting services for nonprofit, foundation, and government clients, including data analysis and developing SAS Visual Analytics pages.
- Design and support CNM internal evaluation plan, including data analysis and data visualization.
- Maintain customer focus, establishing collaborative relationships with clients and staff.
- Managing projects to ensure all work is completed on time, on budget, and client expectations are met or exceeded.
- Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Master’s degree required in Social Sciences, Public Health, Statistics, Epidemiology, Computer Science or a related field with specific training in data analysis and SAS programming.
- At least 2 years of experience working with data analysis, SAS, and SAS Visual Analytics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, that include the ability to interpret, write for, and share data findings with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Analysis skills, including the use of SAS. SAS Advanced Certification a plus.
- Data visualization skills and experience.
- Prior project management experience and skills.
- Computer proficiency that includes MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis techniques.
- Ability to demonstrate an exceptionally high level of organization and attention to detail.
- Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team including evaluators, researchers, and consultants.
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Commitment in words and actions to CNM’s mission and values – leadership, integrity, quality, teamwork, and stakeholder focus.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter with salary requirements and CV or resume to email@example.com. This position is located in Dallas, Texas. A reliable vehicle is required for this position. Assistance with relocation expenses is available. No phone calls please.