Reports to: Executive Director
Classification: Exempt, Full-time
Established in 1984, the Highland Park Education Foundation exists to rally our entire community to raise the critical funds necessary for continuing Highland Park ISD’s tradition of exemplary education.
Summary: The Data Operations Manager will fulfill a critical role to the mission and operations of the Education Foundation. Primarily responsible for managing one of our most valuable assets- our alumni and donor database- this role requires meticulous attention to detail, strong critical thinking skills, and the ability to complete complicated projects in Microsoft Excel and Access with minimal supervision. The Education Foundation is a small team that works with a tight-knit community of people passionate about the Highland Park schools and, therefore, is looking for a personable, driven individual who will help the organization achieve big goals and have fun along the way.
In your role you will:
- Own and operate the organization’s most important asset
- Be HPEF’s subject matter expert of the alumni and donor database (Raiser’s Edge/Raiser’s Edge NXT), responsible for the maintenance of accurate and detailed records, which requires research skills and understanding of donor/family relationships, charitable giving entities, constituency types, etc.
- Adhere to and enforce among HPEF staff the consistent and best practices of the Foundation and Alumni Association when working with constituent records.
- Reconcile and ensure the accuracy of gift tracking in Raiser’s Edge, so that the database can be used as a trusted reporting tool.
- Utilize the Raiser’s Edge import function for important transfer of new and updated information into the database.
- Create queries and export reports from Raiser’s Edge, including but not limited to solicitation and mailing lists, lapsed donor lists, and other major donor analysis.
- Collaborate with the Operations Coordinator to delegate and streamline database operations.
- Manage data integrity and reports
- Produce, with minimal supervision, several complex mailing and solicitation lists that support important events and campaigns across the organization. Examples include the annual Mad for Plaid campaign, publication mailings, and event invitations among others.
- Own and operate, delegating where possible, the tracking tool for Mad for Plaid gifts and Alumni membership gifts, which requires expert-level use of Microsoft Access.
- Execute data analysis for the annual Mad for Plaid campaign.
- Steward donor support
- Oversee the gift acknowledgement process for donors, in partnership with the Operations Coordinator, which requires tax acknowledgements and tribute cards to be sent within seven days of receiving gifts.
- Complete daily check deposits and communicate deposit report to the team.
- Support the team as back up for daily credit card reports and other financial and donor stewardship transactions.
- Contribute to the team
- Attend and assist in the planning, set-up, execution, and clean-up of events with the entire Foundation team, particularly for the annual Mad for Plaid Party, Alumni Awards, Golden Scots, and occasional All Alumni Gatherings.
- Support the development of documentation, tools, and systems to manage organizational growth to scale.
- Share best practices and support teammates when needed.
Who you are:
- You are committed to our mission of supporting Highland Park public schools, and you share our core values of integrity, professionalism, transparency, and collaboration.
- You are a fast learner and enjoy problem solving. You have a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and a minimum of three years’ experience in the non-profit sector.
- You have a passion for data information and how important databases are to the success of nonprofit fundraising efforts. You have experience with CRM’s, and if you have used Raiser’s Edge and Raiser’s Edge NXT, that’s a plus.
- You are an expert with Microsoft Excel and can use it to manipulate, deduplicate, and refine large data files into accurate mailings lists, financial analysis, and more. Knowing Microsoft Access is also a bonus.
- You are self-motivated with a problem-solving, solution-focused philosophy. You work to provide an incredible experience to anyone you support, and are constantly looking for better, more efficient ways to get the job done.
- You are process-oriented and detail-oriented, being able to manage several different projects at once with efficiency and produce accurate work on time with minimal supervision.
- You take pride in your work and your team. You celebrate the wins and help improve upon the losses, knowing that every team member is important to the success of the organization.
- You can work in the office Monday-Friday, 8-5 with occasional after-hours and weekends.
- Nice to have but not required: experience communicating with external stakeholders, strong customer service skills, and excellent writing skills.
To apply: Please submit cover letter and résumé to Lauren Holloway at email@example.com with subject line, “Application for Data Operations Manager.”