M. Gale & Associates is seeking a full-time Consulting Services Specialist to join their team in an exciting time of organizational growth.
The role reports to the Senior Director, Consulting Services and as part of the M. Gale operations team, will help manage the production of client deliverables and provide consulting support to employed consultants and consulting associates. As a contributor to the team, the position will be expected to provide professional, consistent, and prompt customer service to clients with attention to their unique needs.
This candidate will have knowledge of nonprofits, excellent communication and writing skills, a strong attention to detail and a talent for building relationships. This role is both internal and public facing with nonprofit executives, boards, donors, and community leaders.
Role and Responsibilities
- Serve as support contact to clients to ensure accessibility to electronic materials and deliverables, and to help coordinate specific requests of team members.
- Perform needed client-related tasks to support consultant work, such as individual, corporate and foundation prospect research, data management and electronic surveys.
- Provide logistical support on large scale projects, including client and donor communications.
- Help organize and maintain electronic collaboration platform for clients and team members.
- Support the development, design and printing of client materials and deliverables, such as reports and presentations, focused on the tasks of editing, formatting, and providing basic design needs.
- Provide support to team members in meetings with clients in a variety of engagements, such as feasibility studies, strategic planning, and board training.
- Attend team planning meetings to launch new engagements and collaborate regarding needed client communications.
- Participate in regular internal team meetings, including check ins, monthly team meetings, and monthly Client Engagements meetings.
- Manage electronic resource library for consultants.
- Work with team to maintain records of relationship connections and activities for past, current and prospective clients.
- Coordinate client lists for mailings, gifts, and digital communications/newsletters.
- Maintain electronic and hard client files, including ongoing clean up and archiving projects.
- Coordinate team calendars as needed, regarding client and internal planning meetings and team calls.
- Work with Business Development Manager and/or team on select business and marketing projects as needed throughout the year.
- This position requires handling sensitive and confidential information, and the candidate must adhere to the professional fundraiser and prospect research code of conduct ethics and a belief in philanthropy and a commitment to community.
- Attend business, strategic, and sales or business development meetings.
- Participate in meetings with potential clients to help prepare work for a proposed project or product through the sales process.
- Represent M. Gale and support consultants in efforts related to executive teaching opportunities and continuing education sponsorship agreements by helping design presentations and sometimes attending sessions to “host” and monitor (virtual sessions) for questions.
- As a member of the operations team, help ensure consistent client delivery, and the production of materials and team resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, business or liberal arts related field.
- Experience: production experience in consulting firm or development/fundraising role in nonprofit organization(s).
- Well-developed social skills; must demonstrate strong writing skills.
- A spirit of helpfulness that is marked by tenacity, cooperation, a willingness to “think outside the box” and leading by example.
- One who brings a sense of passion to their work, a commitment to M. Gale & Associate’s mission to improve non-profit organizations and a dedication to excellence.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite, CRMs (ideally Salesforce) and cloud-based software systems
- Detail-oriented person with demonstrated experience organizing and balancing priority needs of a growing team
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evening and weekend work; travel as required to ensure client satisfaction and deliverables
- 3+ years’ experience in consulting services or fundraising preferred
- Evidence of continued professional career development
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organization skills related to scheduling, planning, and implementing important timeline elements of projects
- Member of professional organizations relevant to career advancement, i.e., Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP)
- Ability to Travel Independently
- Keyboarding Skills
- Occasional Light Lifting 10-15lbs
- Must have dependable transportation for client meetings/events and other job-related activities.
Candidates should send their resume and cover letter of intent to Laura.Hutyra@MGaleAssociates.com.