Consultants at Mission Advancement work with a variety of clients and must be able to navigate a wide range of organizational cultures. As a member of the Client Service team, this position will focus on working with clients in need of grants and writing services. Consultants may serve clients in campaign fundraising, annual fundraising, or other services based on previous experience. Successful nonprofit experience in relational, major gift fundraising, and grant writing is key. Some travel may be required.
- Write and review boilerplates and grant proposals for a portfolio of clients.
- Write and review cases for support and proposals for campaign and development counsel clients.
- Provide clients with the strategic direction regarding potential funders and fundable projects.
- Work with the grant team (internal) and organization and/or volunteer leadership (external) to implement the proposed plan of action.
- Support and be a resource to all members of an organization's advancement team.
- Provide orientation and training through formal and informal methods to develop the skills of the advancement staff and volunteers.
- Maintain communication in coordination with consulting team through any pre-visit prep work, post-visit follow-up memos, and telephone and email communications with the client and key volunteer leaders when off-site. Be accessible and responsive to the client.
- Introduce a level of professionalism to the advancement office of the client that will bring impactful success to the initiative as well as the mission of the organization.
QUALIFICATION & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of writing successful grant proposals for a variety of foundation, government, and corporate grant-making entities; or equivalent combination of applicable advanced degree and experience.
- Ability to demonstrate a mature understanding of the needs of nonprofits & fundraising best practices.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented. Must be able to manage the planning and execution of multiple activities at any given time.
- Able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, problem solve, and meet deadlines.
- Strong written communications skills, including the ability to write and edit succinct, articulate, and persuasive proposals and one-on-one communication.
- Advanced command of proper grammar and spelling with keen attention to detail.
- Willingness to work with faith-based organizations and ability to understand their specific organizational cultures.
- Proactive & independent approach to all duties and responsibilities internally and with clients.
- Ability to work with organizational and volunteer leadership while exhibiting a professional management style.
- Ability to build relationships, lead people, and get results through others.
- Ability to take direction and be a team player.
- Skilled at providing meaningful reporting to consulting team and clients in a timely and effective manner.
- Ability to work with and across a multi-disciplinary, remote workforce.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
Interested applicants can apply here: https://missionadvancement.bamboohr.com/careers/27