TACA – The Arts Community Alliance – supports excellence and impact in the arts through grant-making, capacity building, and thought leadership. We envision an innovative, inclusive, sustainable cultural sector, recognized for its essential contribution to a vibrant, prosperous community. For over 50 years, we have worked to establish North Texas’ cultural community as one of the strongest in the nation. Originally founded in 1967 as an annual charity event, we have become a valued arts funding and service organization, providing an array of grant funds and innovative service programs. Our growing investment in the arts translates to new premieres and productions, impactful residencies and community initiatives, and more opportunities for artists and audiences to connect – all making Dallas a great place to live and work.
The Communications Manager will be an essential part of TACA’s mission, development, and community engagement team in partnership with other TACA team members. The Communications Manager will play a pivotal role in TACA’s storytelling about mission impact and engagement opportunities. This role involves enthusiastic leadership in the internal and external communications including social media channels, creation of visually appealing and brand-aligned content, and management of various communication channels. The Communications Manager will also be responsible for ensuring effective, consistent messaging and clear management of our communications calendars in conjunction with the TACA’s development and mission programs teams. This position reports to TACA’s President and Executive Director.
The Communications Manager is a full-time position with benefits that include paid employee health insurance, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and parking. Full-time employees are eligible to participate in TACA’s 401(k) which is subject to matching contributions. TACA’s staff are on a hybrid schedule, with in-office days, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
Content Creation and Scheduling
- Content development and design, which consists of creating and curating compelling website and social media content, including text, images, graphics, and videos to engage our audience with the TACA brand voice
- Manage TACA’s website and social using public relations and journalistic best practices
- Manage TACA’s internal communications calendar to ensure timely and strategically placed emails, posts, and other communication opportunities
- Collaborate with the fundraising and mission programs teams to generate storytelling content, print collateral, and other communications tools
Social Media Platforms
- Design, create, and produce compelling text, images, art, video, photography, and graphics necessary for engaging social media to our audience with the TACA brand voice
- Responsible for the timely scheduling of posts
- Stay up-to-date on current social media best practices and tools
- Track the effectiveness and impact of TACA’s communication channels – email, web, social media – report findings to the team
- Recommend refined communications strategies and tactics to ensure maximum effectiveness and impact
- Work in collaboration with TACA’s outside PR firm, and agency media partners regarding any press releases and announcements that are consistent with the TACA brand and band voice
- Work in partnership with outreach to local media outlets
- Work in partnership with the team to provide communications support for TACA’s mission programs, community/donor engagement events, and other important news and announcements
- Seek our potential storytelling opportunities related to TACA’s mission with grantees and other arts community partners
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or a related field
- Proven 3+ years of experience in communications, social media management, or a related role
- A passion for the arts is favorable
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with attention to detail and grammar
- Knowledge of various social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, LinkedIn, YouTube), their features and best practices
- Proficiency in design software and photo/editing software (MailChimp, Constant Contact, Canva, Adobe Photoshop and others)
- Self-motivated and highly organized
- Strong ability to work both independently and as part of the TACA team
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments with deadlines
Some local travel, which will include TACA’s events. Attendance at local arts events, performances and exhibitions are encouraged.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. We kindly ask that you do not call our offices.
TACA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TACA is committed to the equal opportunity of all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law. All offers for employment with TACA, Inc. are contingent upon having successfully completed reference verifications and a criminal background check.