Reports To: Director of Development
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt (approximately 25 hours/week)
Salary: $17 - $20 per hour
NAMI North Texas is the local affiliate of NAMI, the largest grassroots mental health organization. NAMI North Texas addresses the unmet needs of individuals living with mental health conditions and their families through advocacy, education, and support. All of our services are cost-free and peer led. Working for NAMI North Texas means not only becoming a leader in the North Texas Mental Health Community but also means joining a family of passionate individuals on a mission.
The Communications & Development Assistant is primarily responsible for managing NAMI North Texas’ social media, donor and external communications. They will also assist the Director of Development with fundraising initiatives. This includes major gifts, planned giving, fundraising events and other sources of contributed income. In coordination with the Director of Development, the Communications & Development Assistant will help implement NAMI North Texas’ overarching communications and development strategy with the goal of ensuring continued financial success, community education and overall organizational growth.
- Maintain consistent communication with donors through thank you letters, tax donation letters, personalized phone calls with major donors and email updates on organization milestones.
- Collaborate with Development Director to create and implement monthly communications strategy as part of the overall strategy. Implementation tasks will include but may not be limited to:
- Content creation for multimedia communication, including Instagram, Facebook, Linked-In, website, and newsletters.
- Scheduling social media posts, while upholding and crafting our community voice through social media interactions.
- Preparing monthly newsletters relevant to the North Texas mental health community.
- Communicate fundraising goals & incentives through all electronic platforms, ensuring the public sees where funding is allocated and needed.
- Regularly monitor and update website as necessary.
- Communicate with staff and volunteers weekly to ensure programming and events are communicated and promoted via social media, website, email, and newsletters; holding staff accountable for content.
- Manage and track all prospects, donors, reports, deadlines and relationships in Network for Good CRM.
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and potential donors, solicit individual major gifts and implement institutional giving initiatives under the direction of the Director of Development.
- Collaborate with Public Relations & Marketing Consultant to develop and execute annual communications plan for donor relations, including marketing and digital strategies.
- Research and identify new grant opportunities for NAMI North Texas with an emphasis on local foundations and companies, documenting findings in GrantHub and communicating updates.
- Utilize current grant templates to assist with grant submissions and reports.
- Assist with special events as needed. This includes, but may not be limited to:
- Playing a major role with event and participant coordination of NAMIWalks.
- Documentation and management of the NAMIWalks DonorDrive System.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area.
- Experience with donor engagement/management, event planning, graphic design, social media management and marketing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Canva, Wix and HooteSuite (or similar platforms).
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, delegate responsibility, and meet strict deadlines.
- Understanding of person-centered, trauma-informed, strengths-based, and anti-racist communication to a diverse demographic.
- Familiar with NAMI’s mission and programs and/or active in the mental health community.
- Experience working with individuals experiencing a mental health challenge in a person-centered and trauma-informed way.
- Business development and grant writing experience in a nonprofit setting.
- Familiarity with Network for Good, DonorDrive and/or GrantHub (or similar database management systems).
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
Why work for NAMI North Texas?
- Be a key player in the nation’s largest, grassroots movement dedicated to mental health advocacy, eradicating stigma and increasing access to mental health services.
- NAMI North Texas is a small nonprofit with a HUGE heart. You will not just be an employee, you will be a member of the NAMI North Texas family, a community of staff, volunteers and community partners who are extremely passionate about strengthening our impact on North Texas.
- Collaborative team environment, no one works in silos. We back each other up on every project/program we offer. We emulate the NAMI mantra, in and out of the office – YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
- Inclusive and diverse work environment.
NAMI North Texas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Submit cover letter and resume through Indeed.com
APPLICATIONS DUE BY 5PM, MONDAY, JUNE 27, 5PM