Temple Emanu-El is a vibrant Reform Jewish community that strives to be a place of sacred encounter. Our Synagogue is a beautiful campus of over 50 thousand square feet of conference, reception, playgrounds, and sanctuaries. Formed in 1872, Temple Emanu-El is the largest congregation in the Southwest and is among the largest in the United States with close to 2600 member families. At Temple Emanu-El, our tent is always open. Temple Emanu-El welcomes all people, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity, as full participants in Temple life.
The Communications Associate may be responsible for wide range of duties to support the Senior Director of Communications and Communications Department in the areas of graphic design, written communications, project management, digital marketing and engagement, website development and management. This position will work closely with the entire communications department and key stakeholders to meet the needs of the congregation’s diverse community.
- Assist in writing and developing mass communications for Temple
- Assist in developing PowerPoint presentations to accompany worship services
- May create and edit videos to support events and marketing throughout the year
- Graphic design to support email, social media, website channels (i.e. editing graphics for use in these channels, adjusting sizing layout to fit platform, etc.)
- Strong writing skills, including editing and proofreading
- Graphic design skills
- Tech savvy, with experience in digital marketing and social media management
- Proficient at Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and InDesign; Constant Contact proficient; familiarity with WordPress and back-end website management; familiarity with video editing software
- Ability to work on many projects at once, meeting multiple deadlines
- Must be able to build internal and external relationships with a team approach
- Must support the mission of Temple Emanu-El, with a willingness to keep learning about Jewish customs
- Hebrew familiarity preferred
- 3 to 5 years’ experience preferred
To apply, please send your resume to Julie Meyer at email@example.com