ABOUT THE NTFB
North Texas Food Bank is a team of donors, volunteers, nonprofit partners and employees whose mission is to close the hunger gap in North Texas by providing access to nutritious food. We are seeking team members who embrace our mission and core values.
NTFB Benefits Offered:
From paid medical insurance to paid time off to our employee assistance program, we work hard to ensure that every employee feels supported and encouraged. Ultimately, it is the balance between work and home life that makes for a happier and healthier team. To show our commitment to our employees, we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package as a significant addition to total compensation.
- 100% paid medical, dental, vision, short-term disability and basic life insurance
- Paid time off and 11 paid holidays annually
- Supplemental life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid parental leave
- Automatic employer 403(b) retirement plan contributions
- Bonus eligibility
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness and social events
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee recognition program
*Benefits will vary depending on the employment type and are subject to change at the discretion of NTFB.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP), known locally as People and Nutrition (PAN), assists individuals age 60+ with a monthly food package once determined eligible. The CSFP Coordinator will assist at distribution sites and provide administrative oversight while adhering to all federal, state and NTFB guidelines, to ensure compliance is maintained. This role will have opportunities to engage with and grow CSFP partnership sites as needed.
- Associate's degree in Social Services or related field preferred, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Strong focus on client satisfaction and customer service attitude
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Comfortable working in low-income communities with diverse populations
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to collaborate with other departments, volunteers, partner agencies, distribution partners
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; ability to learn client intake systems
- Able to meet deadlines and complete paperwork in a timely manner
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is strongly preferred
- One year of administrative work and customer service, preferably within the non-profit industry
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate program distributions, including set up, client intake, and distributing product, while maintaining program standards and compliance at community distribution sites
- Screen and enroll program participants (over the phone and in person), track participation, and regularly update/maintain program records in Link2Feed, or other intake system
- Educate eligible senior clients about the benefits of CSFP/PAN, while referring non-eligible individuals to alternate resources
- Conduct outreach to encourage awareness and expansion of CSFP, and other NTFB programs
- Perform general administrative functions such as answer phone calls, respond to voicemails, create/update fliers and calendars, print distribution materials, etc.
- Represent NTFB Programs at community events, coalitions, etc.
- Resolve program challenges with a focus on continuous improvement
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned
- The person in this position needs to adapt well in the face of workplace stressors, such as customer complaints, compliance offenses, competing programmatic priorities and maintaining the safety of people and property.
- The person should be able to quickly diagnose and resolve issues at a distribution.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- This person should have the ability to work primarily outdoors at a variety of locations. This program operates in non-hazardous weather conditions rain or shine, year-round.
- Reliable transportation and a valid DL and insurance is required for travel to sites within our 13-county service area; must be willing to travel at least 75% of the time
- Varying schedule Monday - Friday, 7:00AM-5:00 PM (schedule may change dependent on company/department need)
The mental and physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all skills, duties, responsibilities, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, NTFB reserves the right to revise the job or to require other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
North Texas Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
North Texas Food Bank requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This policy complies with all applicable laws. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please inquire.