Client Services Case Manager
Reports to: Director of Client Services
The case manager’s primary duty is to provide assistance to clients in gathering the necessary documents to obtain Stewpot ID’s, Texas IDs, birth certificates and social security cards and accessing the document bank. They also work with clients enrolled in the Representative Payee program. The case manager works closely with the Client Services team and the Director of Client Services to provide services that meet the individual client’s needs including Case Management. The case manager also helps clients connect with other services that will help them obtain housing or employment.
- Meet with clients to obtain supporting documents for Texas ID and birth certificates, and submit applications and payment for the documents.
- Work with the Director of Client Services and Rep Payee Associate on any assigned clients for Rep Payee services handling all paperwork, financial disbursements and case management work with clients.
- Manage client’s documents by performing proper documentation, record keeping and inform clients when documents arrive.
- Maintain the document bank for client records in line with the Director of Client Services direction.
- Help clients obtain Stewpot IDs.
- Provide on-going case management when applicable.
· Provides referrals to onsite and off-site partner agencies when appropriate.
· Ensure documentation compliance with all services for grants and program services.
· Enroll/update/exit participants from the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and The Stewpot database.
- Interpersonal Skills: Relates well to all kinds of people including peers, superiors and subordinates, inside and outside of the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; is seen as approachable.
- Attention to Detail: Consistently attends to the many small pieces which must be assembled into an organized whole; follows up on missing or out of balance items; resolves unanswered questions needed to address a problem; keeps the larger picture in mind while tending to the smallest of details.
- Compassion and Care: Exudes a natural sense of care for the well-being of others; responds with empathy to the life circumstances of others; communicates a sense of support in his or her very presence; demonstrates appropriate and boundaried expressions of care.
- Initiative: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and energetic about worthwhile activities; not fearful of taking calculated risks; seizes opportunities; sets demanding but achievable objectives for self and others.
- Technical Expertise: Acquires and demonstrates the technical skills required to proficiently execute the essential functions of the job; understands which skills are lacking and seeks to develop those skills; continually works toward the mastery of technical proficiency.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving: Uses sound logic to approach difficult problems and apply effective solutions; can distinguish between symptoms, causes and implied solutions; decides in a timely manner based upon a blend of research, experience, risk-taking and judgment.
· Bachelor’s Degree in social work or social services related field, Master’s Degree preferred.
· Experience: 2+ years
This description contains the information and facts considered necessary to describe and evaluate the duties of this position fairly and equitably. It should not be considered an exhaustive description of all the work requirements to be performed, but indicates the kinds of duties and levels of responsibility required by the position. The Director of Client Services may add or remove responsibilities as occasion may require.
Send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org