Organization Summary: Serve Denton is a community-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to partner with nonprofits to help make their services more accessible for people in need. It provides property development, management, and support services to other nonprofits so they can focus on their mission.
Position Summary: The Chief Operating Officer manages Serve Denton's properties efforts.
- Lead operations to provide exceptional customer service by setting standards and sound management of space allocation and leasing.
- Oversee support services to provide quality care, including safety, security, building schedules, and other amenities (e.g., mail, shredding, printing, etc.)
- Supervise Client Greeters to produce quality properties and services through exemplary leadership.
- Lead events to encourage the partner staffs, share knowledge, and build trust through enjoyable, well-run events.
- Serve as the point person for partners to help them succeed through onboarding, understanding their needs, and identifying ways to work with other agencies.
- Ensure "attention to detail" in property management, tracking, and handing off details between team members.
- Ensure implementation of the Serve Denton Business System in all aspects of the mission and use its performance management system to improve continuously.
- Participate with the Board, Chief Executive Officer, and staff to think strategically about Serve Denton's mission and vision.
- Develop the budget with the Chief Financial Officer to ensure service functions are adequately funded using sound financial management principles.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Ten years of experience in business or nonprofit management.
Abilities and Skills:
- Able to think strategically about opportunities and threats from a broad perspective and the impact on Serve Denton's future.
- Able to identify, plan, implement, and follow through on solving problems as a team leader or member.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and work as a team member to create a culture of growth.
- Able to manage multiple priorities concurrently to plan and meet deadlines.
- Able to communicate in a poised, well-spoken, professional manner and convey a positive image and attitude regarding Serve Denton.
- Able to maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the demands of management.
- Skilled in coaching and helping subordinates develop as people and professionals.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office and sending professional correspondence.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position is responsible for the direct supervision of the Center Directors and Client Greeters.
Please send your resume with a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the Chief Operating Officer position to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may call 940-735-3234 if you have any questions.