Under minimal direction, the Chief of Research, Data, and Analytics (CRDA) will provide continuous quality improvement support to the organization and develop and implement a research and innovation agenda. To this end, the CRDA will oversee the quality, accuracy, timeliness, and security of all program data collected and maintained for CISDR, engage in the analysis and visualization of qualitative and quantitative data sets collected from CISDR core and special project services, design and implement assessments of program fidelity, conduct and/or oversee outcomes evaluations, and produce output/outcome reporting and other data products required by funders, educational institutions, and internal program operations. As a member of the Executive Management Team, the CRDA will guide, oversee, design, and implement a research and innovation portfolio that informs and advances CISDR’s objectives as outlined in the organization’s strategic plan.
Duties and responsibilities
- Research & Innovation
- Develop and implement a 5-year research & innovation agenda that enhances CISDR’s innovative, evidence-based program components
- Develop collaborative partnerships with external researchers
- Implement innovation projects with accompanying internal evaluation
- Guide implementation of internal and 3rd party administrative and experimental studies of CISDRs work
- Data & Analytics
- Ensure high-quality, timely, and continuous training on data collection, data entry, and output/outcome metrics for Program staff throughout the year via in-person and virtual classrooms, lunch & learns, training videos, and updated documentation.
- Create and implement data collection tools to assess Texas Education Agency (TEA) and non-TEA metrics relevant to CISDR objectives including stakeholder surveys.
- Serve as the primary administrator for the organization’s databases, including Salesforce and integrated 3rd party applications.
- Ensure the quality of program data throughout the data life cycle, including data migrations to state / federal mandated databases.
- Produce visually compelling data visualizations and user-friendly reports and dashboards.
- Provide timely assessment, completion, and submission of grant level output/outcome reports.
- Support development team with external research and literature reviews documenting best practices in program design and evaluation related to intensive student support and at-risk case management for students and their families.
- Assist in the creation of meaningful and measurable goals in the grant application process.
- Acquire moderate working knowledge of CISDR financials, budgets, and variances therein.
- Serve on the Executive Management Team, inclusive of support for board meetings, board committees, and board involved projects.
- Manage Data Team and Innovation Committees, helping to create a culture of data-informed and innovative decisions.
- Other duties as necessary.
The ideal candidate for the position will possess:
- A PhD in sociology, psychology, political science, public policy, education, economics, or related social science field.
- A minimum of two (2) years of program evaluation experience.
- A minimum of one (1) year of Salesforce Administration experience or three (3) years as a Salesforce power user.
- Leadership experience within higher education, nonprofit, or business.
- Ability to conduct multi-method research/writing for a wide array of audiences
- Advanced statistical training, including mastery of one or more statistical software packages (STATA, SPSS, R, SAS/STAT, etc.).
- Experience with principles of human-centered design / design thinking
- In lieu of a PhD, Masters-level candidates with strong statistical background and five (5) years of program evaluation experience will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of business strategies, objectives, planning, development and management processes and process improvement
- Knowledge of performance measures
- Knowledge of applicable CISDR policies and procedures
- Knowledge of research methodologies, cost/benefit, analysis, statistics, and financial models
- Knowledge of leadership methodologies and supervisory responsibilities
- Skill in communication in a variety of formats including: print communication, electronic format, presentations and telephonic
- Skill in providing internal consulting services
- Skill in project management methods
- Skill in handling conflict resolution to changes of current processes
- Skill in negotiation of projects and program initiatives
- Interpersonal skills to engage all stakeholders and facilitate accurate requirements to capture and manage stakeholders' expectations
- Ability to look at situations systematically
- Ability to work independently and with teams
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply detailed and complex information
- Ability to manage implementation of recommendations
- Ability to lead and manage a multi-discipline workforce
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift, carry and otherwise move up to 15 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, kneel, reach, push, pull, or walk for various lengths of time throughout the day.
- Ability to utilize computer equipment to complete daily work responsibilities.
- Ability to operate fax/copy machines, telephone, calculator, and general office equipment on a daily basis.
- Inside work in an office environment with no exposure to weather conditions.
- Available to work 7.5 hours per day and/or 37.5 hours per week or more as necessary to meet objectives.
- Ability to travel for meetings, agency trainings and other miscellaneous work assignments within or outside the Greater Dallas Area. Reliable transportation is a must.
- The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. This document should not be considered a fully detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. CISDR may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Please apply for the position through our website: Chief of Research, Data, and Analytics (paycomonline.net)