Founded in 2012, the mission of Education Opens Doors (EOD) is to open doors for middle school students from historically underserved communities by providing rigorous, culturally relevant college and career access curriculum during the academic school day. EOD is an innovative 501(c)(3) nonprofit which has served over 80,000 students since its inception and which believes all students deserve the opportunity to pursue their limitless potential. EOD has redefined college and career readiness access by augmenting exposure to college and career knowledge for all middle school students through partnerships with over 50 schools. EOD’s innovative curriculum has enabled its students, which are primarily from lower socioeconomic backgrounds and communities of color, to receive over 900 minutes of college and career readiness in a single year– compared to a national average of only 38 minutes in public schools during high school.
EOD seeks an exemplary leader to lead the organization and steer its mission, vision, strategy and execution. The CEO will lead all aspects of the organization, from effective implementation of EOD’s strategic plan to program delivery, fundraising, partner and stakeholder management and culture and talent development. The CEO will serve as the primary spokesperson for EOD to school and community partners, funders, and the public at large. EOD’s CEO is responsible for a $3 million budget, leading a team of over 20 employees and numerous strategic advisors and volunteers.
- Strategic Planning and Operational Execution. In collaboration with the board of directors and EOD’s senior leadership team, lead the organization’s strategic planning efforts, set the organizational vision, and shepherd the fulfillment of EOD’s mission, developing organizational goals and initiatives to guide the organization’s long-term growth.
- Fundraising and Donor Management. Lead all earned revenue generation and philanthropic fundraising.
- People and Culture Leadership. Lead organization’s culture, talent, and people development. Create a work environment that attracts, retains and motivates a diverse staff of top-quality people.
- Growth and Program Delivery. Grow and scale the organization by tailoring EOD product portfolio to address the needs in the community and across the nation, leveraging partnerships to fulfill EOD’s mission. Build the bridge from ideation to implementation to value creation.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. Champion diversity, equity, inclusiveness and belonging by serving as a role model for EOD’s core values.
- Board Governance. As a member of EOD’s Board of Directors, leverage the board and build a strong, trust-based rapport with a group of senior leaders helping guide EOD’s governance.
- Communications. Serve as the primary spokesperson and public face of the organization; effectively promote programs and goals. Connect the needs of the community to the activities of the organization. Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangement with community partners, clients, public entities and other stakeholders.
- Financial and technology management. Manage all aspects of financial management including budgets, and timely and accurate reporting, to ensure a strong positive financial position. Ensure compliance with all legal regulations, contracts, grants and donor intent. Ensure Information Technology systems are fully functioning and up-to-date, including website and other communications tools.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of demonstrated executive leadership experience and proven fundraising ability. Experience generating earned income is a plus. A Bachelor’s Degree is required; Master’s Degree preferred. For more information, please visit: Educationsopensdoors.org and our careers site. Please send resume to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org.