The Magdalen House (TMH) of Dallas is hiring a Chief Development Officer (CDO) to lead the Development team and implement a philanthropic approach to create revenue in our quickly growing non-profit. This position will report to the CEO and serve as a critical member of our executive leadership team. Full-time employees follow a hybrid schedule (in-office days on M/T/Th).
The mission of The Magdalen House is to help individuals with alcoholism achieve sobriety and sustain recovery at no cost and based on 12-Step spiritual principles. Because of the population that we serve, this position faces a unique challenge as well as an opportunity to find creative fundraising strategies/solutions to ensure agency sustainability. Furthermore, The Magdalen House is entirely privately funded. Our revenue sources primarily include individuals, foundation, corporate, and event income.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive long-term fundraising strategy aligned with TMH's mission and goals. This includes creating annual goals, identifying potential funding sources, cultivating relationships with donors and funders, and diversifying revenue streams.
- Create revenue projections for the annual agency budget as well as the projected long-term budget needs for longevity and sustainability.
- Monitor local and national trends and adapt fundraising strategies as necessary.
- Supervise and mentor the development team.
- Provide guidance, set performance goals, and ensure effective coordination and collaboration among team members.
- Identify professional development opportunities for staff which will increase knowledge and effectiveness.
Public Relations and Communications:
- Work closely with the communications team to develop effective messaging, branding, and promotional materials to support fundraising activities.
- Participate in public speaking engagements and represent the organization at community events.
- Identify networking and public speaking opportunities to increase agency visibility, meet prospective funders, and establish TMH as a thought leader in the community. Donor Cultivation and Stewardship:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential funding partners. This involves prospect research, solicitations, fundraising events, and stewardship.
- Create and oversee timeline and execution of annual stewardship plan as a part of the larger development plan.
- Plan and direct donor cultivation to create positive donor experiences to ensure mission engagement.
- Cultivate relationships with individual donors and explore opportunities for major gifts and planned giving programs. Work closely with board members, executive leadership, and volunteers to identify and engage potential major donors.
- Oversee the planning and execution of all special events related to revenue and donor development.
- Develop underwriting lists and cultivate relationships with past and future underwriters.
- Help create a corporate giving campaign and oversee the implementation of these strategies.
- Identify grant opportunities, help develop and audit the case for support, and oversee the grant application and post-award process.
Qualifications + Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years in professional fundraising
- 3+ years managing a team and/or growing a development program
- Proven track record of increasing donor base and donations
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strategic communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- High attention to detail
- Affiliation to the mission preferred but not required
Please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to:
Applicants MUST submit resume AND cover letter with salary requirements to be considered.