Who We Are:
The Dallas Express is non-partisan, non-profit, and exists to provide an unbiased, fact-based publication to serve the Dallas community.
We are a general interest daily news source covering events, activities, and citizens of the City of Dallas and Dallas County.
The Dallas Express was founded in 2021 to fill a void in our Metroplex communities for fact-based, non- opinion news. We believe that news should be reported dispassionately to place emphasis on facts over all else. News reports can be direct and even hard-edged, but they should never be “spun” or carry editorial opinions to suit the political persuasions of our reporters or editors.
The Job: Chief Development Officer (Full Time)
Responsibilities and duties:
- Work in consultation with the leadership team of Dallas Express to develop an overall strategic fundraising plan and fundraising-focused communications plan.
- Work collaboratively with leadership to develop the annual budget.
- Create a strong fundraising message that appeals to potential donors.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate fundraising campaigns to achieve income for Dallas Express.
- Activities for fundraising programs and publications may include solicitation of contributions, management of direct mail campaigns, and coordination of special events.
- Identify, research, contact, and meet with potential donors.
- Prepare sponsorship agreements on behalf of Dallas Express. This includes the renewal of existing sponsorships and submission for new funding sources.
- Consistently achieve agreed-upon fundraising goals.
- Research and apply for grant funding.
- Act as an ambassador for Dallas Express at various public events in both a speaking and guest capacity in order to secure donations.
- Oversee individual and major donor stewardship and solicitation plan.
- Maintain records and ensure monthly reports are given to the leadership team on fundraising, income, and in-kind donations.
- Have 10+ years of experience in a fundraising capacity with a track record of success – preferably with a non-profit, a publication, or both.
- Grant writing experience preferred.
- Experience with donor management.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills. Be outgoing, personable, and enjoy meeting new people.
- Believe in the mission of The Dallas Express and passionately work to further our goals.
Salary plus bonuses based on experience. The Dallas Express offers health and dental insurance, 401(k), and paid time off.
Qualified candidates may apply with their resume, cover letter, three references, and a total dollar amount of donations raised in the past three years.
Please send the above to: email@example.com