Catholic Charities Dallas
Philanthropy & Marketing
Starting from $150K/yr.( base plus experience)+ Competitive Benefits Package
What you'll do in your role:
This is an exciting opportunity for a visionary leader, compelling communicator, strategic advisor, and innovative thinker who gains energy from building and strengthening relationships across a large and diverse geographic area. As the Chief Development Officer (CDO), you'll have an opportunity to lead all philanthropic and marketing activities including but not limited to major gifts, individual giving, planned giving, corporate relations, government, parishes, private foundation grants, and marketing and communications. You will report to the President and CEO and serve as an integral member of the Executive Leadership Team.
Here's a closer look at the position:
Assures development and maintenance of appropriate systems to fund development including but not limited to volunteer and donor management, research and cultivation, gift processing, and recognition.
Maintains accountability and compliance standards for donors and funding sources.
- Planning - Develops annual and long-range fundraising plans in collaboration with the President/CEO and the CFO, in support of the current Strategic Plan
- Fundraising - Research cultivates and directly solicits individual major gifts and corporate sponsorships
- Donor cultivation - Develops and maintains close working relationships with the philanthropic community, individual and corporate donors, and board members, while building strong and mutually beneficial relationships with parishes, diocesan & other community stakeholders
- Grants - Maintains a proactive, creative leadership role in the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and tracking of corporate, foundation, and government grants
- Events - Coordinates the donor experience at Catholic Charities of Dallas events and galas in collaboration with the Development Staff
- Reports - Provides regular, detailed, accurate, and timely reports on fundraising results relative to plan to the President/CEO, CFO, Development Committee, Board of Directors, and others
The experience you'll bring:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university (Masters preferred) with an emphasis in marketing, communications, business, or nonprofit administration
- 15 years of experience in non-profit fundraising, with 5+ years of major donor fundraising and proven results for generating new revenue streams
- 10 years of experience in marketing and communications with proven leadership in designing and leading strategies and campaigns to appeal to diverse audiences
- A visionary leader who can develop team members to assume positions of increased responsibility with an evolving and growing non-profit organization while creating a great organizational culture
- Active affiliations with appropriate fundraising networks and organizations.
- Experience with and detailed knowledge of Raisers Edge strongly preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
The impact you'll make:
Every day, Catholic Charities helps our community’s most vulnerable by taking on the effects of poverty and helping all those in crisis move toward a better life. If we can’t help, we know who can. Those who succeed at CCD will do so because they enjoy an empowered, challenging, fulfilling, and rewarding workplace!
What we can offer you...
Beyond a great mission, dedicated team members, and an incredible opportunity to truly make a difference in our community, you will be generously rewarded for your contributions including:
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan
- 401k plan with amazing company match
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, and more!
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. Performance of other duties may be requested. Evaluations will be in part based upon the performance of the tasks listed in this job description
Please send Resume to Jessica Ramirez - Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org