The Family Place seeks a highly motivated, proven leader who has deep authentic funding and community relationships, an impeccable reputation, leads with integrity and accountability, brings a significant repertoire of donors, and is strategic, creative, and knows how to develop and engage a team.
Partnering closely with the CEO and the Executive Leadership team, the main objective of this role is to strategically increase the overall capacity of the Agency’s fundraising and marketing efforts. We are looking to grow and diversify funding creating new sustainable revenue.
This role also is a champion for internal and external partnerships, to advance unified communication, branding, and marketing strategies in pursuit of broadening our Client Services, deepening The Agency’s impact within our communities. As a member of the Executive Leadership team, the ideal candidate leads with a servant heart, prioritizes both clients and employees, fosters a culture of creativity and belonging and is growth minded.
- Determine goals, cash flow projections and an annual work plan to reach and exceed Agency funding goals. Work with CEO and CFO to develop all fundraising-related budgets.
- Nimbly pivots and adjusts fundraising strategy as needed to respond to new opportunities and changing funding and Client Services landscapes.
- Work with the CEO, staff, and Board of Directors to facilitate short and long-term strategic funding plans.
- In collaboration with the CEO, directly leads fundraising with the Board of Directors, to ensure they meet the annual Board goal through their personal contributions, company contributions and introductions/referrals to new donors.
- Builds, oversees, and leads Corporate Partnerships Strategy.
- Builds, oversees, and leads Major Gifts Strategy.
- Oversees Special Events team to execute best in class galas, luncheons, kid’s events, etc.
- Oversee the grant writer for writing and developing all grant proposals, solicitation letters, requests for support and foundation relationships.
- Research opportunities and develop strategies for cultivation and solicitation of corporate, government, and foundation grants for program, operating, and capital support.
Marketing & Communications:
- Strategically lead all marketing and communications activities while aligning organizational metrics and objectives.
- Implement quantifiable and measurable fundraising and marketing strategies to achieve the Agency’s financial and brand goals.
- Ensure effective internal and external communications and PR strategies that enhances connection and support TFP’s culture in shelters, Resale shop, and satellite office across DFW and Collin County.
- Ensure internal alignment by providing strategic marketing and communications counsel to the organization’s executive team.
- Partner with Executive Leadership, and department leaders to create and endorse the organization’s donor and program-related communications.
- Partner with CEO in developing and implementing innovative digital communications and marketing plans to enhance brand/services awareness and fundraising.
- Oversee and evaluate relationships with marketing and communications vendors and contractors.
- Contribute to, in partnership with the CEO and the People Services team, the strategy and implementation of internal agency communications, with focus on increasing frequency of information flow and an even more connected culture of Belonging for both clients and employees.
- Oversee and manage all writing and digital content including content for external communication outlets such as written and print communications, social media, video, graphic design, and photography.
- Increase giving through digital platforms and the use of social media and technology in fundraising.
- Cultivate a creative and innovative team environment to facilitate development and implementation of comprehensive marketing and communications strategies for the organization.
- Hire, train, and mentor fundraising and marketing & communications staff and build a high capacity, creative and excellent fundraising team.
- Identify and address development issues that affect the well-being and efficacy of the organization.
- Serve as an inspirational leader for staff; promote a culture of accountability and integrity, high performance, meaningful collaboration, and continuous improvement and growth that values commitment to equity, learning, and quality.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant regulations and laws, maintain accountability standards to donors and ensure compliance with code of ethical principles of professional conduct for fundraising executives; demonstrate empathetic disposition and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude; and convey sensitivity to needs of the donor.
- Attends board meetings and serves as ambassador of the organization.
- Oversee the management of the donor database and provide guidance on technology needs and best practices to build an effective fundraising department.
- Revenue streams grow to meet the funding needs of the organization.
- A strategic focus of fundraising activities is aligned with the mission of the organization and filling fundraising gaps for programmatic services.
- Fundraising staff has a clear understanding of their role and are motivated to achieve the department’s goals.
- The department is efficient and effective and focused on team goals and objectives.
- Online branding and digital fundraising is expanded.
- A consistent message is delivered to current and prospective donors, funders, and partners.
- All fundraising messaging and publications are compelling and consistent with the organization’s brand and voice.
- The donor database is up to date, accurate, and logically formatted.
- Brand experiences are well organized, mission-driven, and successful.
- Board engagement and efforts are well structured and board member’s time will be utilized appropriately.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience: Bachelor’s degree required and graduate degree strongly preferred. A minimum of 10-15 years in fundraising and marketing experience with five years at a Senior Leadership level. The ideal candidate must be an influential, highly connected, creative strong communicator and have demonstrated experience in developing and implementing successful, multi-million dollar fundraising strategies and supporting donor operations across all aspects of fundraising operations, including building the case, cultivating donors, managing effective fundraising, marketing, and events teams, and soliciting and securing major and leadership level gifts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ideal candidate is creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, and flexible, possessing a positive attitude, tact, good judgment, cultural sensitivity, and the ability to work well as a team member with employees, community professionals, and volunteers.
- This person ensures accuracy and confidentiality in all work and embodies trust in all interactions.
- Must embody The Family Place’s core values REACH: Respect, Empathy, Accountability, Communication, and Humor.
- Lead with a Servant’s Heart and instill trust through every interaction.
- Track record of personally identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and closing asks from a diversified book of business.
- Proven success with email marketing, creative design, and content management.
- Media relations experience, including work related to crisis communications, breaking news, special events, and public information campaigns.
- A general knowledge of digital marketing including social media software tools.
- Proven track record of fostering an environment where ideas have moved the organization to new territories.
- A thoughtful and influential leader with proven experience of building and growing high-achieving teams.
- Is a high energy, results-oriented leader with entrepreneurial spirit and innovative drive; creative and willing to try new ideas.
- Has a flexible and adaptable style. Able to lead transformation and manage a team through changes in process.
- Possesses business savviness with the ability to engage, influence and assess risk, issues, and priorities.
- Proven ability to build and lead a team to success and foster a culture of accountability, inclusiveness, teamwork, and collaboration with others; experience implementing and managing performance measurements to achieve success.
- Knowledge of The Raiser’s Edge and Virtuous platforms.
The Family Place is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe in an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ABOUT THE AGENCY:
Our Mission Statement
The Family Place empowers victims of family violence by providing safe housing, counseling and skills that create independence while building community engagement and advocating for social change to stop family violence. The Family Place is here to help victims of domestic violence become survivors. Our staff and the services we offer empower victims of family violence to lead lives free from abuse. Our fully comprehensive services are free and are provided in English and Spanish.
We know that the success of our agency and the service we provide to our survivor clients is directly related to our dedicated and passionate employees. The benefits we provide include:
- Health coverage with two (2) plan options: PPO or HDHP (begins after 30 days)
- Dental Coverage
- Eye Vision Coverage
- Paid Life Insurance plan
- Paid Short Term Disability
- Paid Long Term Disability
- Six weeks of paid parental leave for the birth or adoption
- Pet Insurance Plans
- Supplemental Insurance plans, whole life, critical illness, hospital indemnity
- Alight Health Pro Advocates
- Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Accounts
- EAP (employee assistance plan) with access to licensed professional counselors
- Travel Assistance
- Paid Holidays, Four (4) YDYD (You Do You Days), vacation and sick leave