REPORTS TO: CEO
DIRECT REPORTS: Two – Communications Manager and Community Engagement Manager
WORK HOURS: 40 hours/week: Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (or hours to be mutually determined). Additional hours may be required by the demands of the position, including weekends and holidays.
NOTE: Employment with RMHFW requires the following:
- Face masks must be worn when inside the facility and interacting with families.
- Evidence of COVID-19 and seasonal flu vaccination must be provided prior to the first day of work.
SUMMARY: The Chief Communications Officer (CCO) role is to define and articulate the impact Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth (RMHFW) makes for internal and external audiences. The CCO serves as a member of the Senior Leadership and works collaboratively with other members of the Senior Leadership Team to develop the vision and strategy of the organization. The CCO oversees all communications and external community engagement. The CCO is knowledgeable of the mission, goals and objectives of RMHFW.
STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP: Leveraging deep, professional experience and knowledge of how to define and articulate impact, this individual will:
- Serve as a thought partner to the CEO to evolve programmatic vision within the framework of strategic initiatives
- Introduce creative approaches to define, increase and articulate impact
- Catalyze community connections and engagement to ensure that efforts to address systemic challenges are informed by the voices and ideas of key stakeholders
- Create and manage annual communications and marketing budget
TEAM LEADERSHIP: Applying skills learned as a leader and manager, the CCO will:
- Develop, coach, manage and inspire a diverse communications and community engagement team to continually think and act in new and effective ways while maintaining a focus on strategy
- Reinforce a culture of empowerment and accountability that enables the communications and community engagement team to perform at its best while facilitating opportunities for professional development and growth
- Guide decision-making to align with strategic initiatives and course correct when necessary
- Model optimal team behaviors, including inquiry, learning, collaboration and a passion for and commitment to RMHFW’s mission
- Partner closely with Senior Leadership to monitor and evolve our organizational culture and build capacity for effective cross-team collaboration
- Utilize technology to innovate programmatic enhancements for family-client base, staff and volunteers and donors
EXTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS: Utilizing honed marketing communications skills, the CCO will:
- Oversee and guide the Communications Manager and team to ensure that all communications are aligned with the RMHC branding standards
- Develop the annual outcomes goals for the upcoming year based on prior years’ outcomes
- Prepare the Annual Report
- Guide the development of an annual marketing and communications plan with communications team members
- Guide policy relative to marketing and communications
- Seek ways to engage media
INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS: Understanding the role internal communications play in staff attraction, development and retention, the CCO will:
- Collaborate with the CEO to better understand the landscape of internal communications at RMHFW
- Research, develop and implement a comprehensive internal communications program
- Utilize technology to enable efficient and effective internal communications
- Maintain effective internal communications
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT: Catalyzing community connections and engagement to define, articulate and strengthen the RMHFW impact, the CCO will:
- Serve as the lead on community engagement strategic initiatives, leveraging our strong brand and clearly communicating the vision and value of the RMHFW impact
- Collaborate with community partners to conduct impact research
- Deepen relationships with the diverse family-client base, community stakeholders, and volunteers to advance initiatives and partnerships
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Minimum 10-15 years senior executive leadership, preferably in nonprofit management
- Demonstrated experience in nonprofit communication
- Ability to function responsibly and autonomously
- Excellent decision-making skills, sound judgment and the ability to exercise authority
- Ability to function as a team member
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and community relations skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Publisher and Adobe Creative Suite software
- Accreditation in Public Relations
- Previous experience with donor database software
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to walk, sit and stand; use hands to finger manipulation, handle, feel, reach with arms and hands and talk and hear.
- The employee may be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
- The vision requirements include close, distance, peripheral and depth perception.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the families we serve. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
APPLY: Send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Jennifer.Johns@rmhfw.org