Jubilee Park and Community Center (JPCC) is looking for a Chief Advancement Officer. This person will report to the CEO and oversee fundraising, marketing, communications, volunteer initiatives, and events to advance the philanthropic profile and mission of Jubilee Park & Community Center (Jubilee).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities The Chief Advancement Officer performs a wide range of duties including but not limited to:
- Work with the Board of Directors, primarily through the Development Committee, to raise funds for Jubilee, assisting and supporting their efforts as they identify prospects and solicit donations to Jubilee and calling on them when we need to use their contacts with donors and foundations.
- Maintain close communication with the Development Committee, the Board of Directors, the CEO and the staff to identify funding needs in Jubilee and to match those needs with the interests of potential donors
- Maintain a balance between restricted and unrestricted funds in order to fund the Jubilee programs.
- Identify foundations that may be possible sources of funds for Jubilee and manage the grant application process, including making personal contacts with the managers and trustees of the foundations.
- Create additional sources of funds for Jubilee and develop those sources, such as giving groups, planned giving, in-kind donations and corporate donors.
- Create development materials for use in grant requests, donor solicitations, and donor communications.
- Create communications and reestablish relationships with past, present and prospective donors about Jubilee progress in giving, current events, personnel and important achievements and milestones of the various taskforces.
- Work with volunteers to consider fund raising events and donor recognition/involvement events.
- Review past donor lists to reestablish relationships with prior donors to Jubilee, with the assistance of the board, CEO and other volunteers.
- Work with the board of directors, CEO, and knowledgeable volunteers to initiate a planned giving program for Jubilee.
- Manage the development process, including recordkeeping, adherence to deadlines, acknowledgements, and regular donor communication through personal, printed, and electronic contact. Adhere to and oversee ethical fundraising practices.
- Oversee a Development team of two full-time staff along with internship programs and contract vendors as needed. The mission of Jubilee Park & Community Center is to be a catalyst for comprehensive community revitalization and enrichment in Southeast Dallas.
- Elevate the profile of Jubilee in the philanthropic community. The mission of Jubilee Park & Community Center is to be a catalyst for comprehensive community revitalization and enrichment in Southeast Dallas.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years comprehensive experience as a senior-level development professional with demonstrated success in nonprofits with budgets of at least $1,500,000.
- Broad experience in continuum of development, including major gifts, capital campaigns, direct mail, social media, special events and individual solicitation. Planned giving experience is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of philanthropic and nonprofit circles in Dallas, including individuals, foundations, corporation philanthropy and donor advisors.
- Comfort working closely with board members and other volunteers to motivate fundraising their fundraising efforts.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships with donors and prospects, as well as the ability to interact with staff successfully.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Experience managing staff in a positive manner.
- Proficient in the use of computers, office equipment and Microsoft office applications.
- CFRE designation preferred, but not required.
How to apply: Please email a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for professional
references to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.