About the position
Cristo Rey Fort Worth (CRFW) is searching for its first Chief Advancement Officer. The Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) will work with the President, Board of Directors, leaders from Tarrant County’s premiere companies and top community volunteers to ensure that CRFW has the resources to effectively serve its students. He or she will coordinate with the President and the Board of Directors as to the annual and multi-year fundraising objectives and lead the creation and implementation of the overall advancement plan for annual operations and the capital campaign. The CAO is primarily responsible for the execution and success of the school’s fundraising strategy, major gifts (identification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship), corporate giving and overall fundraising results. The CAO reports directly to the President and is a member of the school’s leadership team. The CAO must bring a demonstrated record of achievement in fundraising as well as a personality and style that meet the needs of our school.
About the school
Cristo Rey Fort Worth College Prep (CRFW) is a Catholic learning community for grades 9-12 that educates young people of limited economic means to become men and women of faith, purpose and service. Through a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, integrated with a relevant work study experience, students graduate ready to succeed in college and in life.
CRFW is part of the largest network of high schools in the country that exclusively serve low-income youth. The Cristo Rey Network empowers thousands of students from underserved low-income communities to develop their minds and hearts to become lifelong contributors to society.
By providing students this life-changing opportunity, we seek to transform urban America and support students to and through college. Graduates of Cristo Rey schools are enrolling in and completing college at twice the rate of low-income high school graduates. Opened in 2018, Cristo Rey Fort Worth is now at work making outsized impacts in our Tarrant County community, diminishing equity gaps in education, and preparing students for long-term success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet annual operating and capital fundraising goals
- Manage day-to-day activities of the Development Office
- Supervise, train, and encourage the professional growth of development and marketing/communications team members
- Manage and implement major gift cultivation, solicitation and stewardship efforts
- Coordinate closely with the Director of Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP) on the cultivation and stewardship of CWSP partners and prospects specifically as it relates to expanded corporate giving efforts
- Coordinate visits between the President and major donors, corporate executives and prospects
- Oversee grant and foundation strategy, solicitation and stewardship
- Host prospects, corporate executives and donors on campus and leverage “Lunch & Learn” events
- Meet regularly with President with regards to Development Office activity
- Work with the Board of Directors and President to set/review annual goals and activity
- Prepare a quarterly report for the Board of Directors
- Meet regularly with the Development Chair of the Board of Directors (if applicable)
- Develop and manage the Development department’s budget
- Develop an annual strategic fundraising plan for approval by the President
- Ensure that all Development and communications technology is up-to-date and functioning
- Serve as a member of the school’s leadership team
- Represent the school at meetings of fundraising officers in the Cristo Rey Network
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the President
- Bachelor’s or higher academic degree
- At least five years or more of fundraising experience
- CFRE certification is preferred
- Demonstrated success in major gift and/or capital fundraising
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Commitment to the mission of Cristo Rey Fort Worth and supporting our students’ success
- Ability to support the Catholic and faith-based character of the school
- Track record of integrity, ethics and professionalism
- Experience with donor database software and platforms (such as Bloomerang, MobileCause, DonorSearch)
- Working knowledge of G-Suite platform, Microsoft Office Suite and basic office systems
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently and professionally
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and requests
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Understand the importance of handling confidential information
- Pay commensurate with experience
- This role is a full-time position
- This role is eligible for full benefits and PTO
- Frequent road travel will be required to locations around Fort Worth, Tarrant County and within the DFW Metroplex. Occasional travel to national Cristo Rey Network meetings or conferences may be required.
Candidates qualified and interested in being considered for this role, should send a cover letter, resume and brief description of their fundraising philosophy to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.