Presbyterian Night Shelter is known for serving the homeless in greatest need: those who have no other places to go. Those who present the greatest challenge to our community are welcome here. As the largest homeless shelter in Tarrant County, we serve approximately 1,000 men, women and children each night.
Presbyterian Night Shelter staff members strive with mutual respect and compassion to serve with integrity, taking responsibility for our actions to foster hope in the journey from homeless to home.
The Christian chaplain provides daily spiritual support, guidance, discipleship, and prayer for the homeless guests of Fort Worth and the staff of the Presbyterian Night Shelter. The chaplain is also responsible for engaging the faith community in providing volunteer & financial support for Presbyterian Night Shelter. The faith approach within the Presbyterian Night Shelter will be from a Christian perspective but will not be a requirement for guest program participation or employment. The faith of the Chaplain is to be from the Christian tradition. Candidates from the Presbyterian Church, USA are encouraged to apply but all ordained ministers from the Christian tradition will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Christian theology with at least 5-years’ experience in Christian ministry preferred.
- Ordained and licensed as a Christian minister.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment includes regular exposure to emotional and disruptive individuals. Occasional exposure to aggressive behaviors. Occasional exposure to communicable disease. Occasional exposure to irritating or caustic substances.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and verbal communication skills. Strong persuasive speaker.
- Ability to set priorities, multi-task and complete numerous projects simultaneously, meet deadlines with attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to embrace and affirm the mission of the Presbyterian Night Shelter.
- Available to work occasional nights and weekends
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits, if interested in this position please send your resume with a cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.
Presbyterian Night Shelter is an Equal Opportunity Employer