Victory Therapy Center is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization in Roanoke, TX that provides services to improve the quality of life of individuals through equine assisted services. Our mission is to care for the physical, mental, and emotional needs of children, adults, Veterans, first responders, and their families through the healing power of horses.
Learn more about our organization victorytherapy.org
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for providing overall organizational leadership and implementing the strategic goals and objectives of Victory Therapy Center and assisting the Board of Directors to fulfill its governance function. They give direction and leadership toward the achievement of the organization's philosophy, mission, strategy and its annual goals through the overall development and effective and efficient operation of Victory Therapy Center programs. The CEO possesses broad business and management skills and is effective at generating resources and financial support for the organization. They leverage the power of relations and networks, and works across private, public, and corporate sectors to accomplish the mission of the organization. They are the steward of the brand and understands their role in growing and protecting the reputation of Victory Therapy Center; building trust in the organization and its relevance in the community we serve.
Reports to: Board of Directors Chair
- Creation of an annual budget, ensuring board approval and ongoing monitoring of expenditures and revenues. Advise the board of opportunities for long fiscal improvements that will strengthen the organization overall
- Building, leading, and retaining high-performing teams, ensuring all teams are aligned and collaborating to achieve organizational results. maintains accountability for the operational and fiscal integrity of the organization within policies set by the Board of Directors. Assesses organizational capacity to implement strategies and identify gaps in systems and staffing.
- Driving key results in fundraising; to identify, cultivate and solicit prospective donors and key leaders of prospective new corporate partners; to leverage personal and professional contacts and relationships into fundraising opportunities; and to promote a culture of fundraising in the organization, both at the staff, volunteer, and board level.
- Leading development staff and volunteers required to achieve the strategic goals of the organization.
- Responsible for overseeing grants development efforts to foundations, state and federal funders, and corporations.
- Development and implementation of the organization’s Development Plan to help reach fundraising goals. Ensure a fund development strategy to strengthen and diversify funding sources, build brand strategy, and drive community awareness.
- Overseeing development of all program planning.
- Possess a leadership style that empowers employees, encourages superior performance and rewards productivity.
- Maintain HR information on all staff that includes clearly defined goals and associated quarterly performance reviews.
- Establish and support a safe, positive, healthy, compliant work environment.
- Ensure that Victory Therapy Center is prepared and passes all Path reviews and audits.
- Maintain privacy and security of all client data and information and comply with all HIPPA regulations.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent travel within Dallas/Ft Worth Metroplex and occasional statewide and national travel
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); ability to instruct; maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions, maintain emotional control under stress. Occasional prolonged and irregular hours.
- Victory Therapy staff works on a ranch that maintains horses for therapeutic services. Therapists, Instructors, and other employees will work outside with access to a barn and must interact with horses while providing services to clients. Staff must be comfortable working outdoors during all four seasons in a ranch/farm environment.
- Bachelor's degree required; Preferred Master’s degree in BA or equivalent professional experience
- Experience securing and maintaining funds, as well as experience planning, directing, and expanding an organization's program and budgets
- Substantial experience working in the nonprofit sector and interacting with volunteers and diverse boards. Alternatively, extensive senior strategic leadership experience in the management of organizations of comparable size and mission.
- Experience of 7 – 10 years in a senior strategic leadership role required.
- Experience in building revenue through fundraising and increasing philanthropic support.
- Must demonstrate professionalism with an intellectual curiosity and a desire to explore innovative ideas and approaches to solving problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Strong organizational, communication, conflict management, and interpersonal skills with both staff and volunteers required
- Ability to create and maintain a team environment that is inclusive and positive
- Discretion over all aspects of the day to day financial and program operations of the organization, as delegated by the Board of Directors
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment on significant business, including HR and financial matters
- Strong fiscal management skills required
- Ability to serve as the primary public relations face of the organization
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Preferred experience with client/donor database software (Salesforce)
- Must pass a criminal background check.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org