Reporting to the Board of Directors, the primary role of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is to serve as RST's principal adviser to the Board and the organization's chief strategy, management, and administrative officer. The CEO works with the Board of Directors to define long-term growth goals and strategy for the organization, and provides overall leadership and management to achieve the organization's mission, goals, and operational objectives. The CEO also serves as the public face of RST to various government and non-governmental agencies, faith-based and community partners, press, and clients, with an aim of raising awareness of the organization, the needs it serves, and its mission, in order to affect policy and garner support.
- Become a standard-setting organization in refugee resettlement with an unwavering commitment to quality programs, positive client experiences, and data-driven outcome evaluation.
- Become a leading advocate for refugee rights and support at regional, state, and national levels.
- Ensure the organization has adequate financial strength, ample resources, and solid, scalable infrastructure to achieve its mission regardless of changing economic and political circumstances.
Leadership & Management
- Ensure programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to senior management; promote teamwork, collaboration, professional development, and growth; act as a role model and lead by example.
- Work with staff to ensure strong financial controls and cash management, contract compliance, proper human resource functions, and systems and procedures to help RST staff operate at a high level of efficiency and effectiveness.
Strategy & Vision
- Lead the organization in the execution and re-evaluation and revision, as necessary, of RSTs Strategic Plan.
- Predict, recognize, and lead the organization's response to shifts in the external landscape and trends in the field of refugee resettlement.
- Work with the Board of Directors to advance the organizations strategic direction; keep the Board fully informed on internal conditions and important external developments
- Develop trusting relationships with key stakeholders, including partner organizations and potential partner organizations, funding entities, significant donors, and government officials.
- Oversee fundraising and development from significant government and private sector sources.
- Work closely with RSTs media consultant to respond effectively and compellingly to media inquiries, and to proactively promote awareness of the organization and its role and mission
Only applicants who complete an application, include a cover letter and provide 4 professional references (with email addresses) will be considered.