Provides service through the timely and accurate processing of customer transactions; provides general clerical and customer service support in the collection, verification and balancing of cash and credit receipts; provides effective and efficient accounting and revenue receipt support as assigned; provides professional, effective and efficient assistance to customers. Receives daily direction from the Store Manager or other managers. Provides special assistance to the Store Manager, Donations Manager, and Sales Associates as required for the proper functioning of their positions.
Our Cashier/Sales Associate/ Sorter supports the Resale Shop Mission by removing garments from containers, determine if garments meet sales floor criteria, and hang saleable garments on appropriate hangers. They will place garments on rolling racks per established guidelines and transport racks to store floor. You must be able to meet production goals. Light lifting, carrying, reaching, pushing and pulling is required, as is substantial standing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet and assist customers; answer questions and provide information as needed.
- Collect and process customer transactions (credit, cash, etc.); assist in sorting and balancing receipts and payments; encode payments with proper accounting category; verify account information as requested.
- Prepare and record information for the computer system including closing receipts and balances, account payments, and cash receipts and balances.
- Prepare and balance cash register receipts daily with manager; prepare cash drawer for next shift.
- Accurately verify merchandise quantities, descriptions, and costs.
- Screen and direct phone calls and visitors as appropriate; answer questions and provide information to the public, including assistance regarding billing and payment schedules and pick-ups; refer customer complaints and questions to appropriate department or staff member for resolution.
- Provide clerical support to assist designated staff in the completion of his/her duties and responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
To provide the safest environment possible includes taking the necessary step of requiring our employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
High school diploma or GED.
- Six months experience in cash management,
- Demonstrated experience in a customer relations setting.
- Knowledge of proper public contact and telephone etiquette.
- Pleasant speaking voice and articulation.
- Ability to effectively present information and tactfully respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to flexibly adapt to a variety of work situations and interruptions.
- Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Ability to make correct change.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Able to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Valid Texas driver's license and operational vehicle
- This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by the supervisor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ABOUT THE AGENCY
Jewish Family Service of Greater Dallas (JFS) is a nonsectarian mental health and social services agency that impacted over 32,000 lives last year. For more than 70 years, our mission has been to provide effective, accessible, and comprehensive mental health and social services that promote lifelong self-sufficiency and well-being for the Greater Dallas community. JFS welcomes anyone through our doors regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, or the ability to pay and has more than 150 programs and services available to all in need.
We believe in nurturing passionate professionals who prioritize client health and well-being. Our team members across all departments collaborate to offer wraparound care in order to address multiple needs. Additionally, JFS is one of only six DFW agencies accredited by the Council on Accreditation, which means we continually meet the highest standards of practice in areas including governance, fiscal management, human resources management, and quality improvement.
JFS is invested in our employees. We pay 100% of our full-time employee (30 hours or more) health and dental benefits as well as life and long-term disability insurance. This position also receives 4 weeks paid vacation, sick leave, and includes American holidays and all Jewish holidays. We are willing to discuss relocation options. Come learn more about us!
Please click link provided to apply for this position: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=70524&clientkey=64D4CFB1722A24613E0299FF571CC29A