The Case Manager is responsible for providing all case management designed to move guest families through the Family Promise Program and into permanent housing, by providing compassion and support. This is a part time position requiring up to 25-30 hours weekly.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Follow established policies regarding case management, including screening, intake and exit of guests from program.
- Screen all prospective shelter program guests using in-person interviews.
- Screen and process all prospective diversion program guests via telephone, following up monthly for three months and completing quarterly report.
- Conduct guest intake process to include orientation into the program, needs assessment, and development of an individual case plan (to include steps and timetable).
- Conduct weekly case meetings with each guest family to review case plan, track progress, set goals, deal with any issues, and provide guidance, counseling and needed resource referrals.
- Maintain up-to-date records in file and on Salesforce for shelter and diversion program.
- Identify and secure community resources for guests.
- Develop and/or implement life skills curriculum for guests, which may include financial, parenting, nutrition and personal development.
- Ensure compliance of all guests with program guidelines and report violations to the Executive Director for immediate follow-up.
- Communicate weekly with church coordinators about family needs and concern via email.
- Meet weekly and as needed with the Executive Director to review guest issues, progress, resource needs, training needs, issues that need to be addressed, etc.
- Attend meetings with collaborative social service partners to present Family Promise information and gather resource information for other Family Promise staff and guests.
- Run background checks as needed and motor vehicle report for program car use
- Assist other staff in providing training for host volunteers as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Update FPOCC Department Standard Operation Procedure Manual as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field or three years’ experience in a similar position.
- Any work and/or life experiences which contribute to compassion and sensitivity to others.
- Motivated to work in a social service environment.
- Demonstrated experience in crisis intervention, problem solving, and resource allocation.
- Passion for the program and its goals.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
Salary depending on qualifications and experience. ($18 - $22 hourly) Paid holidays, holiday and sick leave will be paid on a pro rated basis. PLEASE NOTE: No health benefits provided.
An equal opportunity employer. No person, in the United States shall, on the grounds of race, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, political beliefs or religion, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination.
Forward resume to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.